• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When did your baby sleep through?

Rachel

Reaction score
Just wondering when your baby started sleeping through? As in 7pm-7am?

Kieran still dosen't. He goes to bed at 7pm then wakes at around 4am for a feed then straight back to sleep until 10am which suits me fine, I like it.

Im getting fed up though of people saying 'He should be sleeping through by now. Try this, try that etc' :roll: Im happy with the way he is sleeping at the moment.

Im only asking because I didn't think it was uncommon for babies not to be sleeping through yet at this age anyway?

Think Nathan started sleeping through roughly around now :think:

Bloody hell i'd love it if Cooper slept as long as your LO! Coop has never slept through and the most he's ever slept in a chunk is 5 hrs and that was only once! lol. Last night was bed 630, wake 10.30 for feed then again 2.30 then on and off boob till 6.30 then we wake up! I'm knackered! lol. I wouldn't listen to what anyone else says your baby is your baby and no two are alike :)

Must have been about 4 months. before then he used to bed about 7, up at 5am for food, then back down till 9-10 :) and I must say that suited me fine too! :lol:

Now he does 6pm til 8-9am, which is fine with me too!

Chloe started sleeping through from 7.00 till 6.45 from 10 weeks but I do bottle feed and not sure if that makes a difference. She feeds at five then eight and again at eleven, it is only when she fed more in the evening that she started to sleep through. But to be honest I miss that middle of the night feed it was always peaceful and because she was so happy to see me she gave me the most lovely cuddles afterwards. During the day time I feel that feeding her is like fighting a battle at the moment, not sure if she has gone off her milk.

OMG!!! You are just so lucky :D

Daniels didnt sleep throught till 1 year 2 weeks old! :wall: :sleep: :sleep:

And till then I had to get up every TWO!!! hours (feed, dummy, feed :wall: )

:lol:

Lil miss has only really started sleeping through now.. although its 9pm till 5am... but for people with babies who are very active... thats sleeping through :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Blimey whats your secret! That sounds pretty good to me, dont listen to those who say 'he should be sleeping through by now' either they have forgotten what it was really like or were very very lucky with their babies. I have noticed more formula fed babies seem to sleep through earlier than breast fed ones but I reckon its all different for every baby, if you are happy (and I would be too!) dont worry about it :D

:evil: don't listen to what other people say!! :hug:

Isaac slept through 7-7 last night for the first time!!! Let's hope that's a sign of things to come :sleep: :cheer:

jack is16 weeks old and has never slept through, no two nights r the same! xxxxx

mine still doesn't, and shows no sign of wanting to either. i don't really mind though TBH - i'm not sleep deprived & my baby's happy. i get a bit bored of my family/friends always asking me if he does, as if its some kind of amazing achievement... i'm sure i'll be thrilled the first time he does it, purely for the novelty factor, but until then i'm going to enjoy being woken up with a cuddle at 3am (even if its all just cupboard love :wink: )

:D :D

Jack has slept through since he was about 6 weeks old, and before then only woke twice.

There have been a few exceptions, when he's woken to get in our bed or for dummy which has now stopped and he doesn;t take a dummy unless we're out shopping and he's bored! Or the odd time when he's fallen asleep at his last feed and needs a top up around 3am.

He generally goes to bed anytime between 7-9pm (depending when he got up) and wakes around 7-8.30.

We still don't sleep through! Ange; wakes about 3 or 4 times in the night still. Has started refusing her own cot. And between 9pm and midnight has huge amounts of energy bouncing all over the place!!! But she doesn't fully wake til 10.30-11am!

Just after 2 months. 8pm - 7am. I wake her for a botle at 11pm but she usually only takes 60ml. Haven't tried dropping the 11pm feed and probably won't for a while yet. She is awake ALL day though with only the occasional catnap so she knackered by 7pm.

Maia started sleeping through at 3 months to the day.

I dream feed her at 11pm although I have dropped it a couple of times and sometimes she doesn't wake for feeding and sometimes she does so I just go along and continue to give her it, although I will be dropping this once she's on 3 meals a day.

Mine started to sleep through at about 6 weeks. I was dream feeding him at about 10pm and he would go through till about 6ish but I dropped the dream feed and he now goes 7pm till 6am.
He has had his moments though when he was having his growth spurt about 4 weeks ago he started waking again but it was purely going in there and settling him back down.
But Kellyandbump I am having the same issue with feeding during the day he is a nightmare takes me double the time it used to. :doh: :wall:
He used to take the bottle in one go now its about 3 attempts and constantly getting distracted my solution has been to turn everything off no noise nothing and eventually he finishes it with a huge Buuuuuuuuuurrrrrppppp! :lol:

Every baby is different though I have known friends of mine to have children at 2 years still not sleeping through but sure yours will be different. :pray:

Never! Her most has been 7 hours, ONCE!! Lottie goes to bed at 7pm, dreamfeed at 11pm, awake at between 3.30/4.30 and then asleep until 6.30/7am

Ohh im lucky then :)

I like the way he sleeps now, it's just other people when they keep asking me about him sleeping through the night is getting abit annoying :doh:

He has slept like that since I started putting him in my room at night when he was around 10/11 weeks (He used to be downstairs with me until I went to bed)

If he keep this up though im more than happy. I'll just have to smile politely when people ask me if he's sleeping though then try and offer their suggestions on how to get him to :lol:

It has changed with Emms - at 3.5 months she slept through from 11 - 9am most nights for 2 months. Then at 5.5 months she started waking all through the night, until 7.5 months when she has now started to have the odd night when she sleeps through, but most of the week still wakes several times a night.

I'm soooooooooo jealous of anyone whose baby sleeps 7-7 or for more than 5 straight hours every night as I am exhausted, ratty, and going insane with sleep deprivation at the moment! :twisted:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back