When did you start to buy for baby?

My bro and his fiancée got us a big basket of stuff, before I was ready to be honest! Hadn't had 12 weeks scan at that point.
So far though, I am now 16 weeks and have a blanket that was reduced(!) and my mum and mum in law are knitting stuff for us! I think my mum has bought a book and a Sophie the Giraffe as well, but she's keeping those.
We thought about getting pram set we saw, but I freaked out and couldn't do it. After 20 weeks scan, I might get some more buts, but I am too anxious. Had a Pregnancy In Mind meeting and couldn't bring myself to make the crafty things for my baby even thought others were doing it.
I am sad as want to be more excited, but I don't want to raise my hopes. Xxxx

I didn't buy anything for either of mine until I was about 30 weeks lol. To be fair I didn't need much more for my second though. This one is a bit of a surprise and I've actually sold everything except the cot, so need to start again. I'll wait until after my scan and then make a plan I guess!

We've only bought a single baby grow and a hat and bib - all matching from Next just as a little opportunity to buy something. My sister is giving me a lot as she has a 6 month old so I'll probs just start collecting a little at a time.

Xx

I was a little bit naughty as this is my first and ended up seeing some really cute unisex stuff in primark at about 7 weeks, onesies, bibs, pjs etc! but decided am not gonna buy any more clothes until i find out the sex at 16 wks! I have however bought the steriliser and tommee tippee bottles cos they had a mega cheap deal on amazon (7 of the big ones for a tenner!!) and the microwavable steriliser was only a tenner as well! I am only 11 weeks and 5 days but gonna try not to splurge again, wanna do the shopping al quite early though as i'll be moving when i'm ready to pop so wanna have it all ready!!! xx

I got loads of neutral stuff last pregnancy... Hated it when baby came though. Everyone assumed she was a boy!!! Litterally everyone. Even the hospital photoshoot ( knowing name was Ashley Jennifer) gave her a card to hold on snaps saying handsome little prince. My husband hated pink but now he says pink or blue all the way!!

Bought pram at 12 weeks it was in half price sale too good to pass up but I'm not superstitious but my mum in law is drove her crazy when we brought it into the house

I only started buying with my first after the gender scan. As wanted to know what colours to buy. But if theres baby events on, I would definitely stock up on the essentials. Take full advantage of those deals! lol x

From a different point of view. I had a loss at 10 weeks. I hadnt bought anything. We have a boy and a girl already so we didnt need much anyway but i actually regret not having anything we bought for that baby as a keep sake. This time i wont hold back from getting a few bits as soon as I want too.

Last edited:
I'll defo wait until 12 weeks scan, its kinda hard though as i buy baby clothing and bedding etc for my business, wholesale all the time, and i'm always tempted to add something in hehe..!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back