When did you start to buy for baby?

Ashbee

Reaction score
When did you start buying for baby?

I bought some clothes in asda baby event, almost £50 worth of clothes for £27. I only bought because I found out the gender early xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 39
Ummmm it depends on what you mean..

Furniture we are buying at the end of this month Ill be 14w, and Ill order the mamaroo, Snuzpod probably next on the agenda, then after my gender scan Ill concentrate on clothes and pram.

Nappies Ill start gathering every other week in the shop likewise with toiletries etc.

So mine is kinda spread out throughout. Ive bought a few blankets so far and a baby carrier but that was from a baby event. If you see any fab deals that your comfortable with at your stage go for it. Some people wait a few extra weeks and miss out on deals etc and all been well :)

xxxx

Last edited:
I don't buy anything until after my 12 week scan to ensure everything is okay.

Furniture we are buying at the end of this month Ill be 14w, and Ill order the mamaroo, Snuzpod probably next on the agenda, then after my gender scan Ill concentrate on clothes and pram.

Nappies Ill start gathering every other week in the shop likewise with toiletries etc.

So mine is kinda spread out throughout. Ive bought a few blankets so far and a baby carrier but that was from a baby event. If you see any fab deals that your comfortable with at your stage go for it. Some people wait a few extra weeks and miss out on deals etc and all been well :)

xxxx

Claire I noticed there is a couple of websites with the mamamroo for £125!x

I've not bought anything yet. I've got my 12 week scan on 31st March and then will prob start. I will be nearly 14 weeks by then.

I want the mamamroo too! Probably go to pram centre and order my pram in next couple weeks. Will also start buying nappies with my shopping. After gender scan at 16 weeks will then start buying wee bit of clothes. First I have my wee boy's first birthday this weekend and last month it was my daughters.xx

I have been looking to buy the mamaroo too, but not sure if I will? As all my Children liked the swinging motion, this one just rocks right?
I won't be buying much until 14/16 weeks probably.

Its got 7 different motions should watch the utube review. Does it all.

xxx

I've not bought anything yet. I've got my 12 week scan on 31st March and then will prob start. I will be nearly 14 weeks by then.

I want the mamamroo too! Probably go to pram centre and order my pram in next couple weeks. Will also start buying nappies with my shopping. After gender scan at 16 weeks will then start buying wee bit of clothes. First I have my wee boy's first birthday this weekend and last month it was my daughters.xx

Ohh ill have a look!

Thanks

xxxx

I'm not going to buy anything until after my dating scan and I'll buy the majority of things after the anomaly scan as hopefully we'll know boy or girl then. I already have a lg so if it's a girl, I won't have to buy too many clothes xxx

I'm 8+6 and my mother in law has been buying since I had an emergency scan at 6+2 it's driving me insane! She's been told that they aren't to be brought to our house. I was really pissed when she told me. I didn't want anyone to buy anything (including myself) until the 12 week scan. Because we are having twins and there are so so many risks that I didn't want people spending loads of money before we know for sure how things are going to turn out. I know I probably sound ungrateful but It was the one thing I wanted to really put my foot down on and say no and she's gone and done it anyway. It's been enough of a rough ride already. Sorry rant over lol xxxx

Another reason I didnt tell my mum until after the scan. They can sometimes get a bit over excited.

Its not ungrateful, its understandable. The babies wont be born tomorrow Im sure she could have waited a 6w :lol:

xxxx

I'm buying after my 12week scan , can't wait only 2weeks left :) x

I am due in June, so i bought just few essentials for the baby and the rest after i give birth my husband will deal with it:)
I just want to hold my baby in my arms first and then buy what needed

I had a scan today at 10+1 and everything's fine...do you think it's ok to start buying bits and bobs?! Don't need a lot as already have a 17 month old but there's a baby event on in my town on Sunday and it would be a shame not to buy if I like it....?! Lol X

Go for it! Glad your scan went well xx

Thank you :)

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 18

xxxx

Claire I noticed there is a couple of websites with the mamamroo for £125!x

Oooo where have you found it for so cheap?? :)

We're waiting until the 12 week scan, feel like we may jinx it otherwise :/ But we've still been browsing baby shops and looking at prams etc :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back