When did you start getting Braxton Hicks?

jodied

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just a random question really - how many weeks along were you when you started to feel BH's? I haven't felt anything which seems at all like this yet and wondered when they generally start to kick in?
Jodie x

I got them from about 14 weeks no joke. lasted the whole preg! some people never feel them tho xx

Thanks amyjayne yes I was wondering if some people just don't get them!

It was honestly between 10 and 12 weeks when I started feeling them this time. Now they take my breath away. My OH said I was getting them around 15 weeks last time but I don't remember at all!

They actually hurt a little now and my tummy goes like a basketball, so just have to stop what i'm doing until they pass.

I read that most women have them from around 7 weeks but they're so subtle that you don't feel them until much later. I'm sure you'll feel them soon enough!

I don't remember having any with my son but this time round I have been having them for a few weeks - they are not painful but can be uncomfortable if I press to hard on my tummy or try to bend down to pick something off the floor etc as I feel like I have a hard ball in my tummy - my OH can't get over it lol

Seems to co-inside with me being stressed also - or maybe I just notice it more then I dunno! xx

I never has them with my first and havent had any so far with this one either, maybe some of us are just lucky enough to not get them? x

i neveer had them first time round either and dont want them this time either lol x

me three, never got them first time, hopefully won't get them this time but as this pregancy is the total opposite to the last one I have a feeling I'm in for everything I didn't get last time.. :dohh:

Last edited:
I think I was around 30-32 weeks. Doesnt seem to affect how early/late you go into labour. Id have massive BHs every night for months and still went overdue. BHs are fun, I used to watch my bump instead of the TV when I was having them. Used to make OH poke it too to feel how hard it got. :lol:

I'm a wimp and nervous about these! (i get nervous over anything) lol x

oh it doesnt hurt, I was having them for ages before I realised what it was. At first you can feel it with your hands when you touch your bump but youre unaware that its happening. Nothing to be afraid of at all :flower:

ive never noticed them :( not on any of my other 4 wonder if i will on this 1 lol

oh what has this thread done to me...I want to be pregnant now! :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back