when did you start buying stuff

loulou1980

Reaction score
with my other 3 i started buying at about 12weeks pregnant,but this time im buying stuff or getting stuff before ive even had a BFP,My opinion is that I would normally have stuff in the house anyways but I got rid as wasnt planning no more,but this time i keep looking on freecycle etc and getting prams etc,im picking up a mamas and papas pram today for nothing,if i see something in the sale i will get it,such as i saw some nippa grippa things for terries and i brought 3 packets as they were reduced.what do you think :D

With my son I was about 3 months when I started buying a few clothes for him, but nothing big till about 4 or 5 months I don't think. Didn't buy the buggy till he was born (he was pemature) We didn't even have a car seat :lol:

I had pretty much everything by the time I was 7 weeks with Ella. Am going to wait til after my first scan with this one :D

Forgot to say I've already bought a few tops and bits for the next baby (when we conceive) in the sales :D My son was tiny and there wasn't much nice around in his size, so I though I'd buy a few more prem baby bits incase I have another prem :D

lol i brought loads of stuff the day i found out i was sooooo excited hehe

As soon as I agreed to try my DH bought a vintage Arsenal babygrow from ebay :lol: I started shopping as soon as I got my BFP and I now have everything. I wanted to make sure that if I have any complicationsd later down the line I wouldn't have to stress about getting ready for the baby.

I started buying little bits sraight away but have only just started buying things like the pram and moses basket,luv baby shopping though :cheer: xx

Im still TTC and have quite alot of stuff.
Between Freecycle, Ebay and charity shops i have quite a collection, if a see a bargain and havent got it then i will get it.

My best bargain was a cotbed for 99p

Can I be really thick and ask what freecycle is???????

I have been buying from 12 weeks onwards really, got alot of basic things and have bought the pram (which is living at mothercare until later on) just started buying nursery bits now. Finding it a bit more difficult with clothes because we dont know the sex yet!!

JaidyBaby said:

I have been buying from 12 weeks onwards really, got alot of basic things and have bought the pram (which is living at mothercare until later on) just started buying nursery bits now. Finding it a bit more difficult with clothes because we dont know the sex yet!!

freecycle is basically a site where people give away stuff for nothing and its brill,ive had two buggies in the past month and nothing wrong with them,the one today had the car seat as well. its a good idea to save dumping stuff that would suit other people,once youve offered something you can put in requests for stuff.
you need a yahoo email address which takes two secnds to get then goto this site and join up for your area

http://www.freecycle.org/

with my last three i got all my stuff pretty early and had all my bags packedetc. With this one i really can't be arsed with it all again.
Ill do it all soon.

My flat used to be full of junk and have freecycled it all, its great knowing it hasnt gone to the tip but gone to someone who can use it instead!

loulou1980 said:
JaidyBaby said:

freecycle is basically a site where people give away stuff for nothing and its brill,ive had two buggies in the past month and nothing wrong with them,the one today had the car seat as well. its a good idea to save dumping stuff that would suit other people,once youve offered something you can put in requests for stuff.
you need a yahoo email address which takes two secnds to get then goto this site and join up for your area

http://www.freecycle.org/

k am really preggy brained i never even seen tht :oops:

Didn't buy anything till i was past my 3 months scan... supersticious!!!

Started buying toiletries when i did a food shop (buy one get one free stuff) bought a few outfits but didn't buy nursery furniture or pram till after 20 week scan..

It was really hard thou not buying till after 12 weeks scan...nothing wrong in buying before.. at least you'll be ready and it'll be less painful on the purse...

x

not till after my 20 week scan, that way i could get pink or blue etc

im really supersioius (sp?) about prams tho, i heard once that its bad luck to bring them in the house before the baby is born and its stuck in my head, so i brought one but always left it at familys or a mates house untill the baby was here

xx

after my 18 week scan when i found out i was having a boy xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back