When did you let people know?

Pumpkin9

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is our first baby, I've only just tested positive so not far gone at all, got first doctors appt on Wednesday but I'm just wondering when to tell our parents.

I don't want to jump the gun because having read up I know tri 1 can be tricky but it'll be both set of parents first grandchild and I'm really excited to tell them.

They were both with us this evening but I couldn't come out and say it!

Just wondering when you ladies told your parents if you have already, think I'll let them know after the docs appointment if all goes well and I feel comfortable.

Our parents know but only because they knew we were going for IVF. However they are under strict instructions not to let anyone else know

Friends and rest of the family will find out at 12 weeks, as you say tri1 is tricky and I'm still very nervous myself xx

Congratulations btw

We told parents and brothers straight away, then were a couple of people who knew we were trying and somehow guessed!? Weird womens intuition witchery...lol!
I had a mmc in December and wasn't going to tell anyone until 12 weeks but then gathered I would need support again if anything were to go wrong so thought it good for those select few to know!

So my parents have known about 3-4 weeks now I think a few on my Facebook may know as I accidentally put my scan picture on my Facebook meaning to put it on a pregnancy group!! 2 people messaged me but I lied to one as she would tell people and the other girl knows I've also told an old friend. Everyone else will be told after my 12 week scan xx

I told my sister immediately .... She was the only one who knew we were Ttc .... So laughs about the fact she new when we dtd, what position and when I ovulated ;-)

I said I wouldn't tell anyone else until 12 weeks, but speak to my mom about 3 times a day .... It would have been impossible. I held off for a week and then told her and dad.

Other than that no one else knows ..... We wanted to tell my father in law with the scan picture, so all being well we will tell him in 9 days!! :)

I'm so excited ....... We have been together 14 years, married for 10 and always said we were not having kids ..... This is going to be one hell of a surprise!!

Congrats on your bfp xxxx

Last edited:
Told my two best friends straight away and my parents the day after I found out. Everyone else will be in the dark until after 12 week scan (if I manage to hide this bloat!!!)

Told my parents right away cause needed them to know incase it went wrong an needed their support!!
& told boss at work again so they understand what's happening etc if I was I'll.

Didn't tell anyone til had my dating scan and everything was fine :) xx

Last edited:
We told both sets of our parents and my two best friends straight away, :) but will tell everyone else once I have told my work on Monday, :) xx

Thanks everyone and congratulations to you all too :hugs:

It's really helped to know what you've all done. Definitely think I'm going to tell them after the docs appt.

Finding it all a little hard to believe right now, never been pregnant before so just being abit cautious (probably overly cautious lol!)

Last time in december we told both sets straight away & a couple of close friends, sadly that ended in mc and we had to tell them :(
I'm trying to hold out (its so hard!!) until 6 weeks to tell my mom and dad but going to try really hard to not tell anyoneelse until after the scan xxx

Told my immediate family (e.g. parents, brother/sisters) straight away which was around the 6/7 week mark. A few very close friends found out around the 9/10 week mark after an early scan and now that I'm 12 weeks and I pretty much have the go ahead, I'm too scared to tell everyone?!

told my parents and inlaws same day as bfpx

Only me and oh know and it will stay this way until twelve weeks.

and me !! my mouth is to big lol

i told work and family and close friends straight away announcing it on 2nd july after my scan if all is well ! roll on july :)

We told parents and immediate family (siblings and best friend) straight away as I found out I was pg on a Friday, and that tues I had an appointment to discuss IVF!! They have all been worried about me as I've been so down, and with both my sis and SIL pregnant everyone's been walking on eggshells! Was such a relief!! Also had to tell work as I work with chemicals so there are some I need to stay away from! Keeping quiet from everyone else until 12 weeks! Can't wait!!

We told our parents straight away. I ended up telling work at about 8 weeks as I was really struggling (other health issues contributing) and so a few people knew (I am a teacher) but they have all been brilliant. We told siblings at 9 weeks and my best friend as well. Had my 12 week scan yesterday and have told more family and friends... bit nervous about telling the world even though it's supposed to be so much better when you've got the ok from the scan, reached 12 weeks etc... but people will need to know as I am starting to show I think (and still feeling fairly rough, but again due to a combination of things).

I'm really close to my Mum so couldn't not tell her.. and actually everyone who knew has been fantastically supportive and would have been if anything went wrong as well I'm sure.

Lol! Think I'm obviously being abit too planned about this! Had quite a long day today and felt really tired at the end, I'd been out all day and then meal round the in-laws, got so tired of waiting for oh to leave with me that when he said it wasn't I basically stroped off and didn't say by properly! Think I'm going to need to tell them soon as hormones are all over the place!! and I'm getting tired alot!

I'm also getting some cramps and bubbling sensations in the evening, particularly when I sit certain ways or lie in bed, which im struggling not to rub my tummy for, they're not painful just uncomfortable. anyone else getting these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back