When did you start telling people you were pregnant?

Karate Kid

Reaction score
Hello All!

Just wondering when you started to tell people?

I have told a handful of my closest friends and our parents know. At work today I was speaking to a lovely lady who is pregnant about prams and it just kind of spilled out of me.... I wasn't planning on saying anything but she was saying 'oh your so young, I imagine you won't be having children for a while'. She was so lovely and said she wouldn't say anything but I know what our office is like....

I don't believe in Junxing but it's so normal to wait for your 12 week scan.... the wait is unbearable!!

xxxx

It's really hard!! I hope she keeps your secret, I'm sure she will :) I'm very paranoid that no one finds out at work despite having close friends there because I want to go for a job that is paid more. xxx

I told people at 8 weeks but only because my dad kept making comments on fb about cravings, bumps and blooming lol. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I was nearly 14 weeks when i made it public, a handful of people knew when i found out at 6 weeks x

My partner and I have only told our very close family and our two closest friends. I haven't told anyone at work or any other friends, etc, but it's been really hard! With my first child, my (now) ex told everyone straight away which I wasn't terrible happy about in case anything happened, but at least the secret was out! lol I haven't told my 8 year old son, either, which is the hardest thing. He's already said he'd like a baby brother so I'm sure he'll be pleased...even if it's a girl lol.

I'm going to wait until 12 weeks, at least that is my plan...

We told family and friends as soon as we found out, but I had to tell work straight away because of the work I do involves going on building sites.

I then decided I was too excited to keep it to myself so told other people too.

I don't think it jinxes anything, well at least I hope it doesn't.

I think it's up to you individually. I'm just not very good at keeping secrets :D, well not very exciting ones anyway xxx

We have told our parents, sisters and one friend each :) i wana tell everyone but it is very early days, plus my contract is due for renewal end of march so might have to keep it to ourselves till then just incase they dont renew it..........aggessss away !!!

We told our family and close friends pretty much as soon as we found out. I told my bosses at work today as it felt like the right time and I will be quite late for work tomorrow as I have my first midwife appointment. I'm very lucky, I have lovely bosses so I knew they would be very pleased for me. Going to hold off telling everyone else until we've had our scan next Friday. x

we told our family and friedns on christmas day when i was 7 weeks - iv only told 2 people at work im waiting for my scan befor i tell them x

We told everyone at 8 weeks when we had an early scan. We decided that telling people wasn't gonna stop the worst from happening, should it happen. Thankfully, it didn't :D

Thanks ladies, larlybelle I completely agree with you just because told one person at work it doesn't mean the worst is immediately going to happen. We have our scan onyhe 26th so not too long to wait now xx

Good luck with ur scan.

Having someone to confide in at work can only be a plus when u feel pants :)

We told our families almost as soon as we knew, and told a couple of our closest friends but that's been it. Oh I've also told my manager at work because I'll have to stop lifting things etc.

To me, telling people isn't gonna stop the worst from happening (and I hope to God that it doesn't) so if people ask us, we're not gonna deny it :) Xx

I told my boss at the time as soon as I found out which was about 7-8 weeks, didn't tell everyone else till after the 12 week mark when your kinda out of the danger zone xx

I kept mine a secret didnt tell anyone till 17 weeks as it took a while for it to sink in i felt well better wen i told my friends family and work and no1 had a clue id just wait till after 12 weeks think i worry 2 much about what people think wich is so silly x

we told really close family early on but we officially told everyone else after our 12 week scan.

We told everyone at 8 weeks when we had an early scan. We decided that telling people wasn't gonna stop the worst from happening, should it happen. Thankfully, it didn't :D

We did the same ^^ not everyone knows... But we just thought if the worst happened it'd be nothing to do with how many people know. Planning to tell the rest of my friends/family who don't know after my scan

We were having lunch with all my family the day we found out, so decided we'd tell them and also two of my good friends and then told oh mum a few days later when we saw her. Will probably tell the rest of oh's family soon, if I'm in the position to tell anyone else then I probably will x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back