When do you plan on telling people?

Mrs. KM

Reaction score
Just wondering when everyone is planning on announcing their pregnancy? I'm almost 11 weeks and had always thought the safe time to tell was 12 weeks. We have told our parents and siblings and a few close friends, but are waiting until 12 weeks to tell anyone else.

lol ive told practically everyone already im crap at keeping secrets

We told our mums and dads virtually as soon as we found out, telling everyone after scan on Tuesday - if everything goes alright, fingers crossed!!

We told the Mother-in-law at 8 weeks, and I have since told two very close friends. We plan on telling others after the 12 week scan. Sadly I have lost both my parents, but I would have told my Mum the minute I found out I was pregnant (after telling hubby of course!) My Mum would be over the moon at being a Grandma as she loved kids and worked in a school for 25 years. Really hope she knows... :)

Told my parents yesterday and they were over the moon! I'm an only child and there were a lot of tears! I'm 35 next month and I think they've been wondering whats taking us so long! They were totally thrilled!

Telling hubbies parents this weekend coming and then after that we plan to tell the rest of the world.

Its been soooo difficult keeping it a secret but I've been so worried that something might go wrong that I didn't want to get anyone elses hopes up.

For us we wanted to wait until after 12 weeks, after the scan and after the NT results.

Roll on the weekend so that we can then start shouting it from the rooftops!!

:)
xx

I'm planning on telling the other people after my first scan if everything is okayy.
Already told both sets of parents and OH's siblings and my grandparents.

I'm telling work at the last possible miniute. Until i can't hide the bump anymore! Boss will know but that is it.

Both parents and a friend have known from the begining because they were there with me through the whole IVF process.

Other friends and family will be told when I'm ready. Either at the 2nd scan or thereafter, haven't decided yet.

As you can gather i'm rather cautious. Its taken years to get this far!!

Aww, I would love to keep it a secret but I know I more than likely won't be able to. x

My parents know...as I am very close to them as Im an only girl and the youngest out of my siblings, they were so pleased! 3 of my closest friends also know and thats about it.....
My OH really wants to wait until after our first scan....Im almost impatient but understand that I am better off waiting until after the scan...roll on the scan pretty please!!

My mam knows and my two closest friends but that's all I'm telling until I go for a scan in about two weeks time, if everything is ok then we will tell everyone :)

My mil knows and a few close friends told my sis too as ive just started a new job which she got me so wanted to know where i stand at work

Not telling our girls til after scan i got a feeling my eldest wont be too bothered (she has a sister from me and 2 more sisters and a baby brother from her dad/stepmum)

Youngest gonna take it the hardest i think shes a nightmare already!!

Will tell my mum/dad after scan too xx

we told everyone after we had an early scan at 8 weeks (i have problems with my tubes so we got an early scan to make sure baby was in the womb).

We have been waiting for over 2 years to get pregnant, and we are so excited we have told everyone.

Although 12 weeks is considered safe, we decided to tell people at 8weeks, afterall, if something is gonna happen, it's gonna happen whether people know or not.

I wanted to keep it a secret but my OH was so excited he told the whole world lol. SO all my family know now :) I keep doing tests like every other day just to make sure FINALLY got my midwife appt 3rd AUG eeeeeek

we've tld our parents but i want to wait until i have 12 week scan just to be safe. I am really excited and dont know if i can wait another 6 weeks to tell everyone lol x

We told family and a few close friends as soon as we found out. I was wondering the same thing because I'm 12 weeks today, but I kinda want to wait until I have had the scan and I know that it's really there until we make a proper announcement. I think if I had more symptoms I would have told people at 12 weeks (today), but because I don't really feel pregnant, I want to be sure before I blab!!!

I'm excited to tell everyone though!!! I'm rubbish at keeping secrets!!!!!!! :D

now i have had my early scan, i have told a couple of close friends and my boss at work......everyone else after 12 weeks scan xx

We haven't told anyone yet. We will tell parents, siblings and best friends after 12 week scan then probably tell people on a need to know basis until it is obvious. Will try and hold off telling work until apprasials are done in September. Me and OH love having it as our little secret at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back