when did u pack your bag

clairescunny55

Reaction score
as above really? how many weeks were you when u started gathering things together?

when I was about 28 weeks I start getting my bag together just so I knew I was all prepared incase I have him early

Then at about 34 weeks I checked I had everything in

Here's a tip, YOU don't pack your bag, get your OH to do it, he'll be the one grabbing things out of it when you need them or straight after delivery. Trust me, I got SO annoyed with my OH when I'd showed him where everything was and he still couldn't find it. :twisted:

Didn't really have one, just grabbed some bits the day we went to hospital :D I would recommend packing a bag-on-wheels, your birthing partner will have to carry it wherever you go in the hospital and so better to be able to easily move your bits :hug:

Well i started packing my bag at about 30 odd weeks i think, but i was being impatient.
its a good idea to keep making sure you have things in it, like every week,
i finally got everything for my bags now. :) woo0p im all ready,
all i got to do is sit and twiddle my thuimbs and wait for this little bub to come

but make sure to put your notes in your bag :) cos youll need them
(my midwife said youd be surprised at how many people forget.)

there is never a right time...i kept putting mine off and putting it off and eventually did it at 37 weeks. I was a bit superstitious and didnt want to jinx it by doing it a bit earlier...

But at the end of the day its when you feel comfortable doing it....you dont want to end up wearing and using hospital stuff...

Mine is half done although I still haven't bought some of the stuff I want to go in it! I'm doing my last shop tomorrow before I bed down in the house and don't come out again till this baby is out!! Have turned into a real antisocial homebird in the last week!!

I think I might start mine at about 34 weeks, I need to have it ready by 36 weeks as we are going away and I want to take it with me it case it all kicks off early, the last thing I want is to be in a strange hospital with none of my bits and pieces.

I haven’t even got half the things I need to put in it yet lol

I started mine ages ago but have yet to finish it :roll: Only got a couple of things to stick in it now though :D

I guess I better start thinking about getting mine sorted, although I am pretty braindead at the moment and cannot even begin to think what I need to put in it :oops:

I packed a bag at 36 weeks. I'm using a small trolley case so that it's easy to bring along, as we don't have a car.

BTW, how much nappies and cotton wool have you packed? I wasn't sure how much to bring, I've packed a small bag of cotton wool and 4 nappies, and my bag is full already. I was told that if all goes well, I will only stay at the hospital for 6 hours, so didn't think I'd need anymore?

Is there a comprehensive list somewhere of what is supposed to go into the bag? And do most people have 2 bags - one for them and one for baby??

tiggerstacy said:
I think I might start mine at about 34 weeks, I need to have it ready by 36 weeks as we are going away and I want to take it with me it case it all kicks off early, the last thing I want is to be in a strange hospital with none of my bits and pieces.

This is why I did mine early... did mine at 30 weeks because we went on hols to Devon and I didn't want to not have any of my stuff with me.

I did the little one's stuff for then, and packed my own things a few weeks back, probly around 37 weeks.

So 2 bags sitting and waiting :)

X5OT said:
Is there a comprehensive list somewhere of what is supposed to go into the bag? And do most people have 2 bags - one for them and one for baby??

I've got the Huggies changing bag for baby, and a little rucksack for me.

Just type hospital bag into google and there should be several sites with ideas on, or there's a thread with some on...

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... spital+bag

I have two bags as well, one for me one for LO, they have been in my car for about a week and a half along with my notes just in case!
I started packing them about three weeks ago but I kept thinking of more stuff to add! My OH thinks I am mad because I have so much! But what do you leave behind?? I would rather be over prepared!!!!

Haha I was rubbish with my first pregnancy, I didn't pack it til the day before I was induced :? tut tut, must have known he was gonna come late!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back