• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

when did u hear your baby's heartbeat for the first time?

lisaloo

Reaction score
Had a MW appointment today and she said that they dont listen for a heartbeat until 25weeks - thats aaaaaaaaages away!:shock: My youngest is 3yrs old and with him i heard his heartbeat way before then, but apparently its all changed - when did you guys hear your baby's heartbeat for the first time?? xx

Around 14 weeks when I got home doppler, there's lots on ebay and amazon xx

13 weeks. i tried from 10 weeks and our midwife listens from 16 weeks

My midwife listened at my 16week appointment x

I didn't get to hear dd2's heartbeat till 28weeks.
this time was 15weeks at the early pregnancy @ the hospital.

My midwife hasn't listened to mine yet ... but I got a doppler at about 16 weeks and was able to hear it then

Midwife says she'll do it at 16 week appointment, next week (woohoo!)

Seems like it's another one of those things that varies from MW to MW...

I didn't get offered the chance at my dating scan at 12 weeks but I have listened at home with a doppler.

At my dating scan so 13+2 on the scan.and then using the Doppler at 16 week appointment. Xx

16 weeks with MW but 14 weeks at home with dd. 7 weeks with early dating scan with my newbie bean but no joy with my home Doppler just yet. X

around 16weeks at my doctor's surgery....it probably varies in different areas, sometimes it is difficult to find, and thats maybe why your mw said they wait til 25 wks. xx

I heard LOs heartbeat at my 16 week appointment xx

Heard HB at my private scan I was 9w 5d but measuring 10w 2d.

We heard it again at 12 week scan (I was 13 weeks) and I'll hear it at my 16 week appointment on Friday

xxxxxxxxxx

I heard mine at 14 weeks on my doppler I bought in the internet - it was only £22 inc postage, so i recommend getting one if your mw won't do it - its so reassuring :) xx

I begged my midwife at my 13 weeks appointment (turns out I was only 12 through) it only took a second to find it and heard it very strong and clearly . Midwife told me they aren't suppose to try before 16 weeks because it can cause unecessary worry when it's difficult to find it.
28 weeks sounds an awful long time to wait poor you.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back