Heard heartbeat for first time today....

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Rosieroo, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Well-Known Member

Hired a doppler from www.mybump.com on Saturday and it arrived this morning, so of course DH and I had to try it before he went to work. Took about a minute to find the heartbeat, but once we did it was amazing :D :D :D :D We didn't get to hear it at the first scan and wouldn't have heard it until my 16 week antenatal.

It's really reassuring to hear in between now and when I can feel them moving around. It was worth the monthly rental even if I just used it the once :)

2. Stacyt

Stacyt Well-Known Member

Hi Rosieroo,
    I too heard my babies heartbeat for the first time on Thursday when i had my 12 week scan. I almost started crying as it is one of the most wonderful moments in my life.
    Take care sx

3. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

i brought a doppler, i have been trying to find my babys heart beat but i think im still a bit to early, i keep picking up on mine, getting excited, then reliseing its way to slow to be the babys.

im hoping in another week or so i will be able to pick it up

4. Rosieroo

I was lying down on my back with my head on the pillow and my legs straight. Just above my pubic line, pretty much straight in the middle is where I found the heartbeat, needed plenty of gel. If I moved it too quickly it would fade off so move the doppler very slowly when you are tilting it - thats what worked for me anyhoo :)

5. littlebump

littlebump Well-Known Member

How cute ! I loved it when I heard the heartbeat for the first time - it's so fast isn't it?!

Layla - my midwife told me that they could only pick up the heartbeat from around 11 weeks with their 'sophisticated' equipment, so don't be worried if you can't find one yet - as you say it hopefully will only be a week or two before you can!

Good luck

LBxx

6. Rosieroo

It was really fast, I was naughty and had another go when DH had left for work :oops: Took a while to find but when I did I was sure I could hear it when they were kicking out :D