When did u first hear babys heartbeat?

HopeJoy29

Reaction score
Hi all :)

Just wondering when u all heard your babys heartbeat? Im almost 16 weeks and i havent heard yet... Just wondering if this is normal.
I have a consultant appointment next week so i'm thinking it may happen then? Xxxx

I bought a doppler at 9 weeks... but heard it "professionally" at 16 weeks MW appointment I think!

I heard ours at the 12 week scan! the machine had a built in doppler so that was amazing. I have my 16 week appointment tomorrow so I cant wait to hear it again! xx

I bought a doppler at 9 weeks... but heard it "professionally" at 16 weeks MW appointment I think!

Thanks for ur reply xx is the Doppler safe? I dodnt know you could buy one xxx

I have no reason to suspect it's not - MW recommended it as well. I don't use it often now I feel her, but earlier on it was lovely to hear her every now and then. It was £10 from Ebay :)

Wow! I will need to buy one thanks so much xx
I havent heard mines yet :( and my next appointment is my 20
Week scan and its wen im 22 weeka so its 8'weeks away xx

I heard at 7 weeks myself and 8 weeks professionally x

We were bought a dopler for Christmas so heard it at 7+2 and then have only heard it professionally once at a private scan at 16 weeks. There are concerns around the safety of dopler use, so it's important not to use them too often xx

I'm 24 weeks and haven't heard it yet lol - just seen wriggling babe at scans!

Coincidentally... finally heard it today at mw appointment!

Wow! I will need to buy one thanks so much xx
I havent heard mines yet :( and my next appointment is my 20
Week scan and its wen im 22 weeka so its 8'weeks away xx

They dont tend to listen to the heartbeat in Scotland until the 22 week appointment I believe. I have mine next week so will be able to confirm that, but I'm sure she said at my 16 week appointment this was generally how it worked

I'm 28+5 and still haven't heard it yet :( midwife tried at 16 week appointment but couldn't find it and I haven't seen her since. Have a midwife appointment tomorrow so hoping I hear it then x

I'm in Scotland and I heard babies heartbeat today at my 16 week appointment and was the same last time round at my 16 week appointment. Was very brief today though as baby was having a party and kept disappearing really low down - midwife reckons a girl and a diva at that as boys are far calmer lol!!! Xx

I heard it at 9 and half weeks on my Doppler at home, I asked MW to check I was getting it right when she came round. Mine was £20 from Amazon x

Heard ours for the first time at 21+4 due to being admitted to hospital with PV bleed.

Midwife checked at 22 week scan as part of routine. We are in Scotland though, so 22 weeks was really the first actual midwife appt, other than scans!!

I've heard it on my Doppler since 9 weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back