When can I start to relax?? Soooo nervous!

Julia

Reaction score
I am about 4 weeks pregnant (maybe a few days more). When does the safe period start? Some say after 8 weeks, the doctor said that 85% of pregnancies are successful after 10 weeks and others say 12 weeks.....does anyone have an opinion.

I am so nervous because I miscarried after 5 weeks earlier this year......my mind is saying "just get past five weeks first!" When I expressed my concerns to the doctor he said that it would be very very unlucky to have another m/c.

I managed to get through the first m/c due to the fact that the doctor and other people said it is very common for a first pregnancy...I also have a wonderful family and hubby that kept me occupied and made me feel very much loved....I THINK IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN IT WILL BE A DIFFERENT STORY!

Most people do say it is the 12 week thing.

I started to relax (rightly or wrongly) at just over 10 weeks as I knew that I had successfully passed two big miscarriage danger zones.

After you hit 12 weeks you are suppose to have a much lower risk.

Hi

I know exactly how you feel. I think it lowers at 8 wks, then 10, then 12 but 12 weeks is supposed to be the biggest benchmark. I don't think I'm going to relax until my baby's here because I have problems with my cervix. it's going to be a long 5 months!

Louise

Thanks Girls,

There is absolutely nothing I can do abouut it anyway apart from just take it easy - sleep when I feel like it, eat healthily etc....What is meant to be will be......BUT......it would help so much if we were allowed a drink (or ten)!!!!!!!

i THINK THAT THE GREATEST RISK OF MICARRIGE GOES AT BOUT 12 WEEKS, BEACUSE THAT IS WEN ALL THE VTAL PARTS OF THE LITTLE ONE HAVE EEN PUT IN TO PLACE.
I FELT MORE RELAXED WHEN I HIT 12 WEEKS, BUT THEN I DONT THINK I WILL EVER STOP WORRYING BECAUSE NOW I KEEP THINKIN OHH I WILL FEEL OK AFTER MY 20 WEEK SCAN, LOL, I THINK ITS A CONSTANT WORRY ALL THE WAY THROUGH.

BEC X X

after 12 weeks they say you can start to relax but most people worry me included right the way through their pregnancy, there is always something to worry about.

Good luck

Manda said:
after 12 weeks they say you can start to relax but most people worry me included right the way through their pregnancy, there is always something to worry about.

Good luck

Ditto !! It's 12 weeks but you never stop worrying ;)

everyone worries - but you need to try not to worry yourself too much or you will get stressed and thats not good for you.

12 weeks is supposed to be when you are safer but i didn't feel like i could relax a little until after my scan (which i had on wed). I think when you know the heartbeat is fine and that the baby is in the right place itt does put your mind to rest more.

but i think everyone worries and we will be relieved when we are finally holding our babies!! x

Then it will be a whole mnew set of worries, is the baby ok? Is he/she still breathing, are they ill etc etc etc!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back