dates confusion

sophie-lou

Reaction score
went to the doctor yesterday, who said i was 11 weeks, which doesnt add up, i did two clear blue digital tests over two weeks, the first said i was 1-2 weeks the second said 2-3 weeks, whick makes more sence.

can my doctor be very wrong? i dont think i concieved straight after me period because there a bit messed up. which has really confused me :(

oh strange, bit up in the air for you, I take it the docs based the 11 weeks on the first day of your last period? Maybee you have a very long cycle or didn't ovulate the next month and got no AF, to muck up your dates?

If doc says 11 weeks, I take it they will get you a dating scan asap and then you will know for sure , and you will know where you are.

Good luck, let us know how you go

my period lasted 2 weeks. and i stopped my pill 2 days later. i have a scan monday, so hopefully that gives me the answer

argh so the pill may muck the date up from the AF, My first baby was unplanned and I was on the pill, and I never took a note of the dates, they sorted me out with the dating scan, so you will be fine.

So exciting you got a date for scan straightaway! yayyy take lots of change for donation for pics and ask for several pictures before they start!

At least you've got a scan early!! Even if the doc has got it wrong, at least u only have to wait til Mon. How exciting!!! :) x x

What did the doctor do to find out it was 11 weeks? did he ask for your period dates?!

the only person who can change your dates are the sonographer at the scan. before the scan you can only go by your LMP? x

yea its was my LMP. just freaked me out a bit i think. it'll be coming sooner then i think

When I saw my Dr he moved my dates, but only by two days. Apparently they count 9 months and 7 days from the last period, so I'd be 26th OCtober, not 28th like I thought. However, I'm still convinced by dates are right, as I think I'm in the best place to know when I conceived *blush*.

With it only being 2 days different I don't mind, and the due date is just a guide anyway, but I'm going to keep my ticker as it is until after my first scan. Got my first midwife appointment 25th March, which still seems ages away!

Good luck for your scan, let us know how you go!

When did u go docs? I went Friday and got to wait for MW to ring me to arrange appt, hopefully she'll ring this week, at least you know when it is, only 4 weeks, not too long! x x

Last edited:
i went to the doctors friday too. they phoned the hospital for a scan, and then i phoned midwife who made me an appt for the 10th. the midwife can wait, cuz i dont fancy having my blood taken, eurghhh!!! :)

Scan is quick but have to wait til 10th for MW, I know your in no rush but thought they would have got it quicker as your further gone that you thought. Best of luck for scan, don't for get to post to let us know how you get on and exactly how far gone you are :lol: x x

i had my early scan last night :) I am only 6 weeks gone, and there wasnt much to see, but i'm glad i was told that i am actually pregnant, i can get on with choosing names and things now :)

although the nurse i saw worried me and OH a bit,, she kept asking if i was in any pain, of if i had any pain or operations and things. i realised when i got out i should have asked more questions.

but now i have another 6 weeks to wait till i can have another scan :(

Glad it all went ok for you. Wish I could see mine too :( So ur exactly 6 weeks, I'm 6 weeks tomoro :) Its always the way, u always come out and have for got to ask things, so frustrating!! I think if she'd have thought there was a problem, she would have prob said x x

Really pleased your scan went well and now you have your dates... time to choose a ticker!!!
Wishing you a lovely pregnancy now you know where you are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back