What's your Christmas tree like?

Minxy

Reaction score
We've had the same artificial green one for 10 years now and I'd like something different.

I don't know whether to go real or a different colour - really liking the white ones.. :?

I know they'll be lots of threads for photos but was just wondering what everyone had.

We have an artificial green one! Not that you can see much of the tree once I've finished! Everything has to match on it! Usually gold decorations and clear lights!

I have a artifical green tree with fibre-optic stars which light up different colours... its nicer than it sounds lol

6ft green artificial one with fibre optic bits on the ends. We used to buy a 'real' tree, but found they just dropped needles everywhere (even the non-shed variety!). That, and our dog got a bit confused about it so used to wee up it :roll: While it has just been the 2 of us, the artificial has done us fine, but we'll go back to having a real tree in a few years as I remember I used to love going with my dad to choose our tree every year, then haul it back on the top of the car. Plus, you can't beat the smell of a real tree :D

I've had a real one every year except last year cos we were in SA till the 18th of December. I'll be getting one this year I can't wait.

OH hates it cos I have to make him stand holding trees for hours while I look at them from every possible angle. :lol:
They have to be perfect though, no bare patches, no bald patches and a perfect triangle shape :lol:
The Christmas tree farm where we go has father christmas and mince pies and horses pulling the carts with trees on etc it's lovely :D

We had a real one the year Isaac was born. What a nightmare!! We use an artificial green one but I can see it being a pain trying to keep Isaac away from it now he's grabbing everything. I like traditional colours to dress it, red, gold, green, silver with white lights. I have a garland with red led lights that goes on the mantle piece and I have the star string lights from Ikea for the front room window. I'd love to have a real tree outside with lights or maybe in the porch. Emmm...I might do that this year :think:

Lou :)

we always had real ones till a few years ago when we had new furniture and couldn't fit a full size tree in. This year we'll be dragging out the artifical small tree again..

but

next year when all the building work is done we can have a real one again :cheer:

I have an artificial green one with all lights already built into the tree. got it last year and its really pretty :cheer:

last year i had a real one.

not sure what to get this year. i may get an artificial one, as when riley gets bigger i wouldnt want him to hurt himself

we used to get the crappy arifical green ones, with the crappy lights... god how i hate them lights, and me and dad are so lazy, instead of taking it all apartand storing it for the year after, we just bin it lol saves on the stress of knotted lights...

last year we had a fibre optic thingy, but the damned thing got broke in the move.... so this year were buying a new one...

I saw a lovely one thats fibre optic WTIH pink ATTATCHED deco's.... im thinking thats the way forward. no wonky decs, and no tangled lights :dance:

lozzi said:
we used to get the crappy arifical green ones, with the crappy lights... god how i hate them lights, and me and dad are so lazy, instead of taking it all apartand storing it for the year after, we just bin it lol saves on the stress of knotted lights...

last year we had a fibre optic thingy, but the damned thing got broke in the move.... so this year were buying a new one...

I saw a lovely one thats fibre optic WTIH pink ATTATCHED deco's.... im thinking thats the way forward. no wonky decs, and no tangled lights :dance:

:shock: hey my artificial tree isn't crappy! fibre optic with pink dec's is defo not my cup of tea....post a pic though when you put it up, it might be my new thing :wink:

I voted for real as I love the look of them...but I have never had a real one, too much hassle!
We have an artificial green one, it looks nice when ribbons and baubles are on....we have a no tinsel rule, can't stand the stuff.

(I just realised I read the title of the vote wrong...I thought it said What christmas tree do you like? :roll: )

lou said:
:shock: hey my artificial tree isn't crappy! fibre optic with pink dec's is defo not my cup of tea....post a pic though when you put it up, it might be my new thing :wink:

I'll sned you the link to argos, not bought it yet..

im not sayin *they* are crappy, there crappy for folding and storing, hence i get rid :D

I had them for 7 yaers....

They look lovely when there up :p Its just when you try and collapse them.

Yeah and they takes ages to get all the arms straight and make them look bushy. I know, they are a bit crappy :wink:

I just dont have the patience, to take all the decs tinsel etc off, then fanny about tryin to take 120 lights off it lol

here is the pink one...

24-2697301A68UC416165X.jpg

saying that tho, i quite like this:

24-2696553A68UC416160X.jpg

ooooo I love them both! I'd have to have one in the living room and one in the conservatory!

We get a real one from Sherwood forest or Sherwood pines whatever its called, It just nice and feels really christmassy going to choose your own tree. I dont think the oh likes standing around for hours when i cant make my mind up though.

I'm looking forward to taking the lo with us this year to help us choose, not that he can say much but i'm sure he will smile if he likes one.

Does anyone have or thinking about getting one of the upside down trees?

Flame said:
We get a real one from Sherwood forest or Sherwood pines whatever its called, It just nice and feels really christmassy going to choose your own tree. I dont think the oh likes standing around for hours when i cant make my mind up though.

I'm looking forward to taking the lo with us this year to help us choose, not that he can say much but i'm sure he will smile if he likes one.

Does anyone have or thinking about getting one of the upside down trees?

Never heard of it...whats it all about?

Ours is fake green now. we always had a real one but since we've moved the only place in our living room is next to the radiator.

I decorate it in red and gold ornaments, no tinsel, and I tie danish biscuits on with red ribbon, and stripy candy sticks. I only like clear fairy lights, and buy new every year cos I hate untangling them :oops:

I also used to be quite obsessed with it reaching the cieling...but all we could afford last year was 7ft. Its a bit short, but has to do.

I really should stop being so anal about it and let Jonah help, but he just doesnt understand the importance of symmetry yet. :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back