Babys heartbeat tells you what sex your having?!?!

GemmaTse

Reaction score
Hi girls,i had a midwife appointment today and they checked the babys heartbeat, it was 142 bpm, they said if its under 140 bpm its a boy and if its over it is a girl! so they said im having a girl (maybe) i find out the sex hopefully at my next scan in 3 weeks so il let you know if it was right but just wondered if any of you have been told this and if so was it right??? :D

I think it's one of those old wives tales. We used a doppler when I was pregnant and the heartbeat was fast so we were convinced it was a girl but no...it was a little boy!

i posted something like this not too long ago...

all the ladies said it was crap

im glad cause i would like a boy 1st then a girl :D

GemmaTse said:
Hi girls,i had a midwife appointment today and they checked the babys heartbeat, it was 142 bpm, they said if its under 140 bpm its a boy and if its over it is a girl! so they said im having a girl (maybe) i find out the sex hopefully at my next scan in 3 weeks so il let you know if it was right but just wondered if any of you have been told this and if so was it right??? :D
its a load of crap.

my Lo's heartbeat has always been over 140 and he is a boy.It also depends what your baby is doing when they check you...mine was always busy swimming away from the doppler and excersie increases their heart rate

i mentioned this to my m/w at my appointment a few weeks ago. and she said she didnt believe it in the slightest.

but it will be interesting to see what the sex of the baby turns out to be :)

Hi

I think liek anything it all depends , with Kiara she was always in the 50;s or 60;s and sounded like a horse galloping.
This one sounds liek a train and is in the high 60's 70;s range, but will probably go down at tuesdays visit.
Katrina

My baby's heartbeat was 162bpm when I had the CVS detailed scan. Then they told me it's a boy! I guess he's just a busy boy in there :rotfl:

Sabrina
x

Thanx girls il let you know what the sex turns out to be in 3 weeks!! very excited! x :D

Hi Gem,

I have tried the ring one, Where you put your engagement ring on a long piece of cotton and hang it over your tummy and leave it to calm down for a bit then it will either start moving in circles (boy)or side to side(girl), mine was moving in circles so could well be a boy, chinese gender chart says boy too. I don't care if it's all crap cos if it isn't true then it is all a bit of fun until we find out for sure! Isnt it. :lol:

He he yes it is abit of fun hun, ive done the chinese chart and the beats per minute and mines going with girl!!!!!! x :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back