Whats the most inappropriate comment you've had?

heres a few of mine:
Boss when i told him: Well, you can tell (my colleague) that I have to make her redundant to pay for your maternity cover! He was half-serious, so quick mention of acas shut him up!
mum: you'll need to tweak your nipples!! she then went into a full graphic demo of how me and my sisters fed, complete with sucking gestures. and noises. :shock::shock::shock:
General people: Gosh, are you6 mths pregnant? you dont look it! I see, you just thought i was fat? :dohh:
Friend: Great! You might as well get rid of the dog, cos once baby here, you wont even notice her.
All these comments are then followed with everyone elses negative experiences!!
I now react with biting sarcasm to any 'helpfu'l hints or people telling me what WILL happen to me.

They always have a horror story don't they!! Lol xx

Tapalking so can't see signatures! :-(

The only thing that's bugging me at the minute is when I grumble about being tired or achy ect all anyone seems to say to me is "it'll get worse yet!" I know it's going to get worse, as I am going to get bigger, I don't need to be told! I just want to have a grumble and moan - I don't do it often so like to think I an entitled!

yes!!!

when i mumble, "i feel massive" or asking OH / family if my belly looks bigger, they just always say "well its going to get bigger!" I know that, just answer my frigging question. arse.

Friend: Great! You might as well get rid of the dog, cos once baby here, you wont even notice her.

Oh I'm waiting for someone to tell me to get rid of my girls, they'll get their head bitten off so fast they won't know what day of the week it is :lol: my youngest fur baby is huge, clumsy & looks intimidating but she's such a softy. My princes I'm a little worried about as she's so timid & scared. Hoping she's not scared of baby x

Wow this thread is hilarious and shocking all at the same time.
I've not had much yet, although everyone does ask if it's planned, which is another intrusive really, esp when it's people you barely know!
2 girls at work keep telling me how awful tri 3 is!! Shut uuuuup!

there are some mad comments made, I just have baby flab atm so unless you really knew me wouldnt be able tell and I'm tall so can hide it easier x x x

Wow this thread is hilarious and shocking all at the same time.
I've not had much yet, although everyone does ask if it's planned, which is another intrusive really, esp when it's people you barely know!
2 girls at work keep telling me how awful tri 3 is!! Shut uuuuup!

Everyone does always say 'oh well u just wait till u get to this point' and 'oh but when u get here' or 'this will happen!'

Bore off! its different for everyone! Lol xx

Haha this thread is sooo funny! I haven't told everyone yet but I'm geared up for the comments at work I think there'll be a few people's heads I might bite off!!

just remembered one of my boyfriends mates saying that I wont show until about 6 months and my bump now must just be fat.

cheers mate! moron.

just remembered one of my boyfriends mates saying that I wont show until about 6 months and my bump now must just be fat.

cheers mate! moron.

I hate when people say things like that!! I work with someone who's 5 weeks ahead of me, and she's so slim, but isn't showing yet. I am. She's made a few comments about how small the baby is at the moment so it can't be that :roll:

What gets me is when people ask you hoe you are? And for us lucky ones who don't have many symptoms and say 'I'm fine thanks' they come out and feel the need to go on and on and on about how shite it's going to be in tri 3! Why do this???
Then the other one is 'do u know what your having?' 'Yes! A boy! :) ' 'Ohhhh, are u disappointed?'
Seriously! WTF kinda question is that?

Karlie xxx

What gets me is when people ask you hoe you are? And for us lucky ones who don't have many symptoms and say 'I'm fine thanks' they come out and feel the need to go on and on and on about how shite it's going to be in tri 3! Why do this???
Then the other one is 'do u know what your having?' 'Yes! A boy! :) ' 'Ohhhh, are u disappointed?'
Seriously! WTF kinda question is that?

Karlie xxx

Do they really say that!! Why the heck would u be disappointed!! Some people amaze me!
X

My daughter came in from school the other day with her friend and said "This is my Mom, sorry she doesn't look good, she's pregnant" :shock: She got a right telling off! cheeky little cow!

After being handed my jacket potato at work by the blunt polish canteen lady, she said to me "do you want it?"... I said "the potato?", "no" she says, "the baby!" .... Haha! Xxxx

The comments I got that really annoyed me were the "oh it's going to be really hard, you don't know how hard it is" then I thought it would stop...now I get "wait til you have 2 it's even harder" now that does my head in!

Thought I would share: my OH is allergic to nuts and my nan came up to me and said "when you use nipple cream once baby is here make sure there isn't any nut ingredients, because if OH gets fruity he might have a reaction" Probably the funniest thing in the whole pregnancy

I recently had a question if my pregnancy was a surprise. Erm well, I have a 18 month old, I probably knew what i was doing, surely 19 months gap isnt that unusual?

You can't win though, whatever you say you'll be told it's going to get worse. People do seem happier if you can give them some symptoms though!

I spent the weekend being told how small I looked by DHs family and today being told how big I look by people in work. I don't feel like I've suddenly doubled in size...

I got off a few people how hard it is going to be and wait till you get to this and that stage and one lady said to me "wail till your husband wants a second then it will really hit you" I then love telling them it's my 4th so I'm properly a tad more experienced than they are lol!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back