Anyone else had this?

Kirsty.Y.84

Reaction score
Does anyone else get people coming up to them saying 'are you sure you haven't got 2 in there?' it's like they think that I wouldn't know if I was carrying twins! I don't think I'm that big really ( there's a pic in the bumpy pics thread I think second to last page) but apparently my work colleagues feel the need to comment on the size of my bump!

I suppose I don't mind too much, as I'm sure I would comment on other peoples but I just never realised how many people in one day could make a comment on my bump size! Being pregnat certainly provides a talking point!!

i had this nearly every day when i was pregnant, even my OH used to joke about it! i'll check out your bump pic :) :hugs: x

your bump pic is lovely, and you look perfect to me :) about the same sort of size bump i had at that stage too! x

lol i do have two in there but people keep saying to me are you sure i thought you'd be bigger! think people just like commenting lol xxx

Aw thanks spice :) I know some people don't have a bump at 16 weeks but I certainly don't think I'm abnormally bumpy!

I think you're right, mummyto4, I think people enjoy commenting. Unfortunately I manage a team of 45, do have contact with a lot of people throughout the day so maybe that's why I feel like I get lots of comments! I suppose I'd rather have a bump than nothing at all, just sometimes I want to be me and not just 'lady with the bump!'xx

Yes - I even had it today at work when I saw a few people who I haven't for a while! I can't win though either my bump is huge so I have twins or my bump is very small......I'm pretty sure however my bump is just about the right size for where I am!

I think people wrongly assume that if someone is pregnant you are allowed comment on their size and touch their belly - basically do things that you'd never dream of doing if they weren't preggers! My favourite comment so far goes to my mother: "That's not baby, that's just belly" - cheers for that!!

It's annoying isn't it?! I got asked that allll the time with my last, even though I had a reason my bump was so big people are so rude and don't think. The whole world is allowed an opinion on you when your pregnant and they don't hold back :wall2:

All the time. One guy in my office calls me fatbird thinking it's funny grrrr x

yes - i had a lady at Argos comment the other day, she was like when you due I said may and she said WOW are you having twins? errrr NO!! lol and then said your just very round... errr thanks!!! lol i dont think my bump is that big lol!!

i get it AAAAALLLLLL the time, i laughed it off at first but now its just getting annoying especially after i have had a scan as well and the main culprits are my OH's family who have seen the scan pic etc!! Another one i get from my OH's super stick thin sister is "Oooh you fatty!!" cheers, your making me feel so lovely about my self!! Grrr!!! xx

This is soooo annoying! Like others have said, some people just can't help but comment! Bump is either small, or big, or "Gosh, haven't you grown?!"

One stupid comment I had when I first told people in work I was pregnant (13 weeks) was "I had a feeling you might be pregnant. I was walking behind you a few weeks ago and thought, ooh, she hasn't been to the gym in a while..!"

The cheek! Considering I'm still fitting into size 10/12 clothes (albeit maternity ones!) how dare she? I wouldn't make a comment about her weight, so what gives her the right just because I'm pregnant?!

Yes, as you can tell, this subject irritates me SO much!
x

Crackers (21+5)

I've had that comment said to me by a guy at work before! Really annoyed me if I'm honest. Some people don't think before they speak sometimes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back