advice needed please

astraea

Reaction score
hi my name is vikki i am 31 years old i have 4 girls aged 13,11,9 and 3

i am on the mini-pill.

heres my story>>>>>
woke up midningt on sunday with really bad stomach pains, rang nhs direct who arranged for an emergancy doctor to come to see me - he did a pregnancy test which came back positive!! i have been on the mini-pill about six weeks so that is when i had my last period. the pain was all on the left side and the doctor said he thought it could be eptopic so he sent me to hospital, i had an internal scan which was inconclusive - they said there was fluid in my uterus whatever that means! they did blood tests and my hormone level came back at 285 which they said was quite low - i am spotting and the pain is still there although not so much localised on the left side more all over?? they sent me home from hospital and told me to go back tom for more blood tests to check my hormone levels again - they tested my urine which came back clear so i dont have an infection???
i just have no idea what is happening - wondered if any one else had any advice or knew what could be happening as i am worried sick!

thanks vikki[/code]

Vicky - first :hug: :hug: :hug: now dont panic - they are checking your hcg levels as if your pregnancy is ectopic then they usually dont double every other day - there is a fantastic site called the ectopic pregnancy trust - they have every question and answer you may need and also a telephone help line and forums where you can talk to people who have been or are going through the same.

Having said all that if you are only a couple of weeks pregnant they wouldnt necessarily see anything from an external scan and all could be well.

I know it is much easier said than done but please try not to panic x x x x

hi
it was an internal scan i had, i dont know what normal hormone levels should be?? suppose i would be about 4-5 weeks pregnant at a guess i am still in shock that i am!!!

Vicky its not necessarily what your level is - its what they do over the next couple of days. With ectopics they typically dont rise at the right rate. It would still be difficult to see anything by a scan that early on. I have had an ectopic and my consultant says they wont scan me if I get pregnant again until 6 weeks so you are still very early days x x x x x

When are you having your next blood results - that should tell them a lot more.

my next blood test is tommorow just worried cause if it is eptopic am i at risk been left??

Oh bless you - ectopics are very scary - having said that they are monitoring you very closely now. I am not sure what your bleeding is like? Have they given you a list of symptoms to watch for? If you are in severe pain, feel faint or have pain in the tip of your shoulder go back to A & E. Otherwise I am sure that once you get your results back from your blood work they will have a clearer idea.

If in doubt though go back to see them x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back