Possible Miscarriage??

bee1982

Reaction score
On Wednesday I was 5 weeks & 2 Days pregnant. I was 2 hours away from home & went to the loo's at Euston Station's toilet & noticed that I was bleeding.

I hadn't been to the dr's to confirm the pregnancy but I got back about 10 BFP.

When I arrived at my station my husband was there & he got me straight to the hospital, they took a blood test & I was still bleeding.

My results came back at 3hcg???? Knowing the NHS they have mixed up my results. Only that morning I took a test which came back positive.

I am still bleeding but my consultant wants me to go for another blood test which will be on monday as he doesn't trust what they have told me, they basically told me that I was never pregnant.

I still have all the symptoms of being pregnant & another positive test.

Could I still be pregnant?? I am so upset.

Oh god hun, dont know wha to suggest, but if pregnancy hormones are still in your body you may still be showing a positive on a test, how late was your af, and it seems the norm for docs to say a women wasnt pregnant and it was just a very heavy af, but u know ur own body i hope ur ok hun and im sorry i cant offer any proper advice :hug: :hug: :hug:

bee1982 said:
On Wednesday I was 5 weeks & 2 Days pregnant. I was 2 hours away from home & went to the loo's at Euston Station's toilet & noticed that I was bleeding.

I hadn't been to the dr's to confirm the pregnancy but I got back about 10 BFP.

When I arrived at my station my husband was there & he got me straight to the hospital, they took a blood test & I was still bleeding.

My results came back at 3hcg???? Knowing the NHS they have mixed up my results. Only that morning I took a test which came back positive.

I am still bleeding but my consultant wants me to go for another blood test which will be on monday as he doesn't trust what they have told me, they basically told me that I was never pregnant.

I still have all the symptoms of being pregnant & another positive test.

Could I still be pregnant?? I am so upset.

This is exactly what happened to me hun - I did about 7 positive tests (between Sunday and Thursday), took a sample to the doctors on Friday (which it turned out came our negative) and then started bleeding on Sunday.

When we went to A&E the doctor told me I had never been pregnant and didn't know how to read a pregnancy test - my bloods came back at 5hcg (I think that's what they said) which they class as negative (but a selection of doctors since then have told me that you don't get hcg if you haven't been pregnant).

If the worst does happen honey, just remember that you were pregnant - they can't take that away from you.

PM me if you need to talk about it hun :hug:

i'm sorry i cant really offer any advice, but i do get the impression some docs and MWs can be very patronising re. early pregnancy- e.g. saying there is no pregnancy and its just a period- i had that when i went to EPU when i started bleeding- the MW asked how many weeks i was, and i told her five- i also said MORE THAN ONCE that i'd fone THREE tests with STRONG POSITIVES one of which was a digi conception indicator which said 2-3 weeks- yet she still didnt appear to listen and said "well we'll see it could just be your period" wrinkiling her nose up like i was some stupid little girl :evil: GRR! when i got my hcg back as 961 i felt like saying in yo face bitch! you know you are pregnant if u getting positives on tests hun however hcg of only 3 is usually indication of a non-pregnant woman and would NOT show up on a test that low (tests have to be at least 10 i think?) so it cant be right, if ur hcg was only 3 u wouldnt be getting positives, i dont think- anyway when monitoring hcg they are supposed to do at least 2 tests because one number means nothing on its own so u should be getting another test done. if they still say ur not pregnant offer to piss on a test right there and then and shut them up! they dont sound very sensitive :roll:

hope all is ok honey :pray: :hug:

Oh hun, i'm so sorry. :hug:
It is possible that if you are unfortunately having a m/c then you'd get a positive reading in the morning but once you started bleeding then your levels would drop. They'll do another test to check your levels again after 48hrs ~ that's what they did with me. I had to go back 3 times for blood tests as they didn't drop significantly to begin with so they weren't sure what was going on but the last lot confirmed the worst.
What is the bleed like, is it heavy and bright red or are you spotting?
If you're still having symptoms I'd get yourself back to A&E and get them to check you out and take more bloods. Also, take your tests with you so you can wave them in their faces.

Take care and if you need to talk you can pm anytime xx

Hun I hope that somehow everything worked out ok but if not sweetie I just want to give you lots of hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back