What's happened?

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
A rant!

Tyler has gone back to sleeping an hour/ hour and a half before waking :wall: he used to happily go 2-3 hours but now he'll only do 2, 2 hour stretches if I'm lucky, and one of then is when I put him down!

It's ridiculous as he naps anything between 50mins to hour and half 3 times a day and goes 3 hours between feeds.

I can't really leave him for 10 mins or anything up check if it's for comfort or not as my OH travels a lot with work and this morning he was up at 4am to drive to Wales so he needs his sleep (he even sleeps in the living room)

Tyler has also decided that night time is poo time the last week or so! I changed 3 nappies between 9pm and 6am!!! :eh: if I can't change it while he's asleep it takes him an hour to go back down usually!

Teething is not helping the matter either!

Grrrr!

Aw hunny sorry to hear this :(

The only thing that got Henry sleeping longer was puttin him on his tummy. Don't know what to suggest :( hope he sleeps better soon for u xxx

I feel your pain! I think Tyler and Kynon have been using the same baby manuals! The light nights have really stuffed our evenings up as i struggle to get him down before 9 now think i need black out blinds! Every hour or so waking is so hard isn't it? We need a magic wand! Kynon doesn't seem to be teething just now luckily for me!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Charlie's been like this, waking for no reason although he slept a teeny bit better last night, he'd rolled onto his front and i usuay turn him back round but my bath was ready and he looked really comfy... So I dont know if hes just not comfy on his back in the night, only prob now is if he moves his head his dummy falls out and he wakes up wanting it x

I feel your pain! I think Tyler and Kynon have been using the same baby manuals! The light nights have really stuffed our evenings up as i struggle to get him down before 9 now think i need black out blinds! Every hour or so waking is so hard isn't it? We need a magic wand! Kynon doesn't seem to be teething just now luckily for me!

We have black out blinds :| have the solids helped? Part of me counts down until he's 6 months to see if it does! I don't understand it tho I do everything right, have a healthy diet, don't have any caffeine etc etc

Its strange how they change! Will has slept 10-7 since 10 weeks but the past week he keeps stirring and I have to jump up and resettle him before he properly wakes up but sometimes its 4/5 times a night :roll: very tiring! X

Awww chick, I know the feeling, my first LO BF'd every hour - hour & half. It lasted a few months & I was exhausted. As you say, even 3 hours feels like a long lie. Its tough.

How come you cant leave LO for 10mins? Is he crying??

xxxxxx

I think your brilliant pinky, I don't know how you have not cracked up! Hats of to you for managing it and still getting by during the day! Xxx

Oh dear, that sounds like hard work. All I can say is that hopefully he'll go back to normal soon - Samira had a phase like this lately, it was horrendous, but now the last 3 nights have been acceptable again (last night wasn't great, but not as bad as before either). I hope Tyler will follow her good example soon! (By the way, she almost always does all her pooing at night for some reason... What is it with those babies?!)

I think your brilliant pinky, I don't know how you have not cracked up! Hats of to you for managing it and still getting by during the day! Xxx

^^ this exactly.

I don't think I'd be able to function doing those night feeds. Hats off to you sweetie xx

Thanks guys tbh I'm generally pretty accepting of it, this is how my baby is but some mornings I wake up and just think WHYYYY?!?!? lol

Tbh I can't even think what he does in the night as I'm so tired I just go into autopilot but OH is away tonight so might try and leave him 10 mins each time and see what happens!

We have black out blinds :| have the solids helped? Part of me counts down until he's 6 months to see if it does! I don't understand it tho I do everything right, have a healthy diet, don't have any caffeine etc etc

Nope! He still feeds loads! Im now counting down to 8 months as someone said they improve then! I think its just a needy boy thing and have given up fighting it now, 3 hours sleep in a row would be bliss :) Im sure Kynon slept more as a newborn but its all become a blur now!

Is Tyler teething? Georgia was going longer at night but has dropped back again, got her in the sling just now cos its the only place she will sleep - just tried putting her down and she screamed bloody murder - im sure she wasnt even awake. lol we've also turned into a poo machine!!! my washing machine is having a heart attack at the amount of work it has to do just now. xxx

Pooing at night is my worst nightmare as L wakes up 2hourly at night but TOUCH WOOD goes down, a poo would ruin it all. Do you think co-sleeping helps?

I think the others may be right about the teething, harrison was so good at night and we were waking him up for feeds but the last few weeks he has been waking up every hour pretty much and needing resettling (not hungry just needs calming) and I was at my wits end then my mum noticed today that he has a tooth that literally it just about to burst thru (any day from the looks) and I think that may be what is keeping him up!! Going to use some preventative teething granules tonight!!
xxx

I find him the same when he co-sleeps he normally ends up in with me at about 3-4am.

Lorna do you think the poos are teething related? I posted a thread about his runny poos a couple of weeks ago and I know thats a teething sign, maybe that's why he's doing them at night?

Reckon poos are teething related as they get more runnier poos due to extra saliva. Both of mine also started waking at night again around 4 months as they are more aware of the world and practising the skills they learn during the day at night ie rolling etc. apparently they process the day at night x

I find him the same when he co-sleeps he normally ends up in with me at about 3-4am.

Lorna do you think the poos are teething related? I posted a thread about his runny poos a couple of weeks ago and I know thats a teething sign, maybe that's why he's doing them at night?

I had heard that diarrhoea and a red bottom can be teething signs - but i dunno if its an old wives tale. Georgia def has runnier poos and more of them at the moment. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back