Sleep breeds sleep?

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
I don't think so!

Tyler's been amazing with his naps having 2-3 1 1/2 hour long ones (if 2 he has a 20-40 min one too) the last few days but it's taking me an hour - 2 hours to put him down to bed at night. I try normal time and he just won't go until he gets overtired!

It's so frustrating and the last 2 nights I've been on my own. What happened to my boy who loved his night time routine?

Hasn't helped his night sleep either!

If I get an answer I'll let you, Angel having the same problem but with naps and not night time. She gets to a point where she's overtired and literally can't stay awake any longer and dozes off eventually but sometimes she'll fight it for all it's worth till then. I'm at a loss too :S

Harrison has got a lot worse at night since we have got his day time naps sorted!! Hope someone has the answer!!
xxx

This is a totally random shot in the dark, cos we have no bedtime routine - luckily G is happy to go to bed when we do.

But if he's sleeping more during the day, could it be he's not quite ready for bed at his usual time, so is fighting it but carrying that on.

Like I say random guess, but what about moving bed time just a little bit later
Xxx

Funny I was going to tonight but he was yawning. Maybe I'll try half an hour later tomorrow. It's hard because OHs working away all week so it's just me and him so come bedtime I'm out of entertainment options for the little guy lol! Usually from about 5 is daddy time lol!

Glad that made sense, lol - thought maybe it was a bit of a ramble.

I know what you mean about running out of things to do, G and I were both upstairs before 9 tonight cos DH was in London (should be home soon though!)

Xxx

I have the answer, all our daytime naps and nightime sleep routines will be sorted out once and for all.....
Just have to wait till our lo's are about 25 and living on their own!

I have the answer, all our daytime naps and nightime sleep routines will be sorted out once and for all.....

Lol!

I don't have any advice either... K is starting to take longer to get to bed too. On Monday OH's parents called just as I put her down and she woke up and wouldn't sleep for two hours! I was fuming!

Haha...! Something to look forward to then! :)

I had a better night after putting him down a little bit later and dosing him up to the eyeballs with teething powder and gel, only problem is that he woke up at 5.30!! Dunno how that is going to effect todays routine as he has had his nap an hour early, mind you he is still asleep now so hope he catches up with himself!!
xxx

I wouldn't mind getting up at 5.30 if he slept! He wouldn't nap this morning now :wall: I give up!

I think at your LO's age they should be put down to sleep every hour - hour & half (if you want to avoid being overtired) If i'm out for the day & LO doesn't get a nap or if he's left more than 2hrs (my LO is 7 months so can go longer between naps now) then he is seriously a nightmare for the rest of the day & night, all rest of naps he sleeps 10 mins & takes ages to get down & is a nightmare at night-time. I dont know why but this very slight difference in routine throws him off track for the whole day.

Ladies, have a look at this website, I've been following it for a few months now. There's loads of information about re-settling techniques & an example routine for what LO should sleep for the different ages, oh and its the same wether BF'ing of FF'ing.

http://www.boswellbunch.com/simone/Babies/3_Month_Olds....html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back