co sleeping and fathers intuition.

trixipaws

Reaction score
when we co-sleep melissa sleeps in between us and my boyfs never rolled on her or elbowed her- but he does sleep thru her cries :think:

coz i was exclusively breast-feeding til recently he got used to the fact that he wouldnt hav 2 get up in the nite so after 4 or 5 days he started being able to sleep thru them! sometimes he asks me "did she wake up last nite?" and im like :shock: she was up twice and cried really loud and i left her crying for a bit coz i needed a wee first! how can u sleep thru that LOL

i dont like ryan in my bed wen pete is, he never hears him, n i often have to move him away :roll:

Altho im ALWAYS nervous when we've had to do it (when hannahs been ill etc), my OH has never given me any reason to worry at all. I tend to think he's as good as me with it tbh. :think: he dosnt move all night, is awake with me if she coughs/moves/crys etc.

My DH has no intuition about Alex being in the bed at all. I have to keep my arm around Alex so that if DH rolled our way, he would hit my arm first and I would be able to shove him away (this has happened a few times actually). It bothers me a lot, but I know that as long as my arm stays there, there's no chance of him rolling on Alex.
I'm very aware of Alex in bed - I never change position when he's next to me.

dan was always very good with alana, they both slept on the sofa together during the day, and if she moved a tiny bit, he wud open 1 eye and peep at her, then start snoring again lol

he was the same when she was in our bed too, i think if the dads have to do things for the baby then they wake up straight away?

I don't think I would trust my OH not to roll on top of Finlay if he was in the middle of us. He can sleep through him screaming the place down so if he can sleep through it that heavily, I don't think he would notice if he rolled on him!

The other night I poked him to go and change his nappy and he was still dreaming and said "It's full of customers, there's nowhere to put Finn! THere are too many customers here" :rotfl: I was going to do the nappy change myself in case he put him in the bin or something in his dream state! (when he got back, I said "Were there too many customers?" and all I got back was "Whatever" He needed a slap for being insolent!)

My OH has no intuition not only with amber but generally!! haha

But when thee do co-sleep on the sofa or whatever he is very consious but i am always awake so keep an eye on them whilst i clean up!!!

I am very sceptical about my husband's intuition when it comes to sleeping with the baby! On those rare ocasions when I left him in the bed with our little one (when I was young and naive), he slept right through her crying and screaming!? He didn't even wake up when I ran upstairs, took the baby and hit him hard on his head?! :wall: He woke up after couple of hour wondering where the baby was :wall:
So, when we used to co-sleep, it was me sleeping with Danica while he was sleeping in the spare room

My ex elbowed Tia in the head once when she co slept with me... he didn't wake up and I even slapped him across his chest because of it and he just rolled over still asleep... it was the last time she slept between us... from then on I set the bed up for her to sleep on the outside. Mind you he did sleep through the first 2 hours of my labour :rotfl: so what did I expect :roll:

I don't know if I could trust DH not to do the same... although I think he would be ok actually. When he first started living with us, Tia would still wake in the night and he would often hear her before me... me having trained myself to wait and see if she falls back off to sleep, rather than leap up at the first cry.

Its difficult.. because I remember quite clearly that when Tia slept with me, I knew her every move, twitch, breath.. I felt everything. I never got a decent nights sleep when she slept with me though :roll:

OH's never rolled on or hit Isaac, I don't know how aware he is all the time, but it doesn't matter as I am anyway, I think if you don't feel confident co-sleeping don't do it, as you're missing the point in my opinion, its about being close, we are made to protect our young, keep them close, its an instinct we've had since people were born, we just forget that now there's cots :D

I'm more worried of Isaac in his cot, I still have to have his sensor mat on when he's in his cot as I cannot be aware of him properly when he's not at my side :( We co-slept from newborn to 5months, and now he's in his cot overnight, but we nap together during the day :D

Hi

My OH is very good at not rolling Kadyn just got moved into his own room a few weeks ago but when he was in with us i never move so i always can feel him with my arm.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back