shes regressing :( UPDATE PAGE 2 :D

trixipaws

Reaction score
when i 1st started millies bedtime routine she was going down for 8 hours at nite b4 her single nite feed at 4am, then slepp til 8am. but this last week, not only has she been waking for milk at 11pm or 12 when we go 2 bed, but also at least twice in the nite too (last nite 3 times- at half 1, 3am and 5.30) :wall:

does this mean shes ready for weaning early? or could it be my fault:

at nite when she first goes on she swallows quite hungrily, but after 5 mins or so slows right down as if shes fell asleep there, and im so tired i want her 2 finish so i can go back 2 sleep. shes still latched on but wont suck unless i pull away then she'll do 1 or 2 sucks. i assume she cant really be that hungry anymore so i unlatch her and shes fine when i put her back 2 bed. but maybe those 1 or 2 sucks do make all the difference thats why she's waking not long after?

im so tired!

don't really know as not at that stage but wanted to gove you these :hug:

hope it was just a one off for u and she sleeps well tonight x

Could she be teething trixi?

Or are you and your OH noisy or do you put lights on when you go to bed?

Re. weaning - is she showing any other weaning symptoms (looking at you hungrily when you eat etc)?

I shall get DD to have a word :wink: I really hope that was a one-off fo you honey.

Valentine xxx

Could be a growth spurt- perhaps give it a few more days??

beanie said:
oh i didnt think of that! ill stick it out for now see if it improves!

beanie said:

Snap, just what I was thinking.

Hope she settles down soon hon :hug:

How have you been getting on trixipaws? I had the same with my LO last night. She doesn't normally sleep through and gets up twice usually but last night she was up 4 times and I feel shattered. Fingers crossed that it is a growth spurt!!

last nite 5 times! :wall:

i got her in bed by 6.30pm so i could eat my dinner in peace without being on dummy duty every 2 seconds or tryna eat thru tired cries.

i was just getting it out of the oven at 7.45 and she started crying :wall:

she didnt wake at our bedtime but she had me up 4 times between midnite and 7am :wall:

i didnt check what times i was too tired to look at the clock! i hope this dont last much longer this is worse than when she was newborn!

im tired! :sleep:

Does she have a dummy in the night? I know that Alex used to be a mare, was a mare at growth spurts and even after introducing solids he was still a pain in the night. He wanted to comfort suck it seems, anyway the past week or so If he wakes up before a set time then he has his dummy, if it's after the set time then he comes into bed for a feed. Gradually he's been spacing out his feeds and needing the dummy less, last night he went from 10-6 (later to bed than usual as we were out) without waking once, not even for the dummy.
Also, could she be cold? I used to put Alex in grobags but found he was waking up more. Now for the past week he's been under (quite tightly tucked in down the sides of his cot) a big fleece blanket folded in half and a thin cot duvet. He wears a vest and sleepsuit to bed.

Think Isaac just had a growth spurt as he seemed to be feeding every couple of hours, so it could be that, which means all should settle down real soon :hug: Is it not worth having her sleep with you through the early hours? It seems she's always waking you and feeding anyways, so would help ease your tiredness for a while until this stage passes? But that will maybe mess up the routine you've had, though it went down so well the first time, it may do a second time? Really hope she's happier tonight for you and you get some deserved rest!! :hug:

kina, she does only hav a grobag and wears a sleepsuit, but the bedroom is 20 degrees and she feels warm when i pick her up (even her fingers).
redshoes, i would love her 2 sleep with us but im too scared i might squash her or elbow her in my sleep! or she'll wriggle down under the duvet. the travel cot is only a few paces away anyway (shes not in her own room yet!)
last nite was better, altho she was up twice b4 we went 2 bed, she was only up at 5.45 and 6.45.
this evening so far shes been up twice already! i dont mind as much being on boob duty in the evenings, its thru the nite when its more demanding, so as long as i get at least 4 hours 2nite i wont mind.
think i might start baby rice next week tho!

Trix..her bedtimes have changed wuite dramtically from 11-12 to 6.30..I think maybe get her to bed a little later..D has bath st 7.30 and in bed for 8 not that he sleeps through so maybe i should shut up :rotfl:

is she dribbling or biting on things coz that could be a sign she is teething. ?

I mentioned the co-sleeping as I thought you had co-slept, sorry :hug: I think like adults, LO's have off days and weeks, maybe she's just wanting Mummy a bit through the night, but after this week she'll be fine, I hope for you anyways, hope you get a good nights sleep :hug:

she is biting and dribbling lots, yes. maybe shes teething. ooh i hope i get a good nites sleep again soon!

You are doing so very well with your breastfeeding, I didnt bf so I cant offer any wisdom but you have done so well and I hope this resloves itself.

Laura x.

trixipaws said:
she is biting and dribbling lots, yes. maybe shes teething. ooh i hope i get a good nites sleep again soon!

Me too! Alex is on 3 meals a day, breastfed on demand in between and has been up every 2-3 hours the past few nights :sleep: :bored:

woohoo! finally, last nite was back 2 normal, only one wake-up between 8pm and 7am :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

lets hope so! altho she has been up once already since i put her to bed at 7.15, really hope shes only up once during my bed-time!

oh and thanks lauramumof2 i love being praised! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back