What'll make them a good Dad?

floppit

Reaction score
Ok - they might not make it all the way to the laundry basket with their undies, or even remember to empty their pockets but what are the things that make you look at them and smile at the thought of 'em being a Dad?

With my hubby it has to be that he has unconditional love nailed down - it isn't just love on a good day, it's there on the days it's all gone wrong. He's also the kindest man I've ever known, he'll treat some homeless dude with the same dignity and respect he'd treat anyone else and he's as soft as the inside of my pocket!

He may never be into DIY and will probably duck out of doing most nappies but he'll be a lovely Dad, he'll work hard and love alot.

So what makes you glad your other alves will soon be dads?

The fact that i know he'll do anything for them, love them unconditionally, never let them down and always be there for them no matter what.
Even though he can be the biggest pain in the ass and wind me up like no other person can I know he will be a fantastic dad!

I know for a fact that my OH will be a fantastic Dad as he is already a fantastic Uncle to our 3 nephews.

From the very beginning of this pregnancy he has been reading book after book and making sure he is entirely clued up on everything. I think he knows more than me.

He's been to every appointment with me, wants to know every pain/twinge I have and has looked after me better than anyone else ever could have!
Even through my tears and his hidden tears (in order to protect me in times of worry), he has been an absolute rock.

I literally, could not ask for a better Daddy for my baby. If I could choose from a hundred men, I would still choose him. :angel:

The fact that he is a hands on dad and never ducks away from anything. He's calm and considerate and very loving. This baby will be very lucky like paris!

My OH is a fantastic dad to James. He loves spending time with him and is very affectionate.
So far he's been totally useless during pregnancy though. I guess at least he's here for this one, he flipped out and did a runner when I was pg with James! He claims that my symptoms are all in my head and doesn't want to talk about anything to do with babies. I feel like I'm boring him when I talk about it.
I hope he's not gonna be as useless during the birth!
I'm sure he'll be a great dad to this one once it's born too, he's just rubbish at the pregnancy bit :D

My dad worked away alot when i was growing up, however i always felt loved and when he was around he made sure we knew it.

I think being a good dad isnt about spending time together, or doing fun things, its about making sure your children know how much you love them at all times, through the good and the bad. :hug:

my man will be the best dad ever, cos he's so funny and calm and never gets mad, and is a big kid himself!!! He's got all the toy shop trips planned already!

My OH is just adorable, he is so loving and kind and has a wicked sense of humour. He has never, ever, once in our 10 years together said an unkind word to me, I just adore him.
He is a giant kid, just watching him with little neices, nephews etc, he loves playing with their toys and games. He has already planned all the cool things and places we are going to show and do with our child. He'll be a lovely dad :hug:

Ross is a great dad to Isla and will be to this little one to as he's still a kid himself! :rotfl:

He gets down on her level and plays with her, but he's always fair and expects good behaviour in return for respecting her. :hug: You've gotta love him.

Makes me realise how lucky i am as some people dont have a good man through this special time, hugs to those who don't :hug:

Yay!!! There's loads of lovely fella's described here.

But, I'm a bit worried that this might have been insensitive to people going through pregnancy alone - I suppose it shows good blokes exists so there's always hope for the future.

I don't take my fella for granted - to wake up with him there makes my day every day, I don't take being pregnant for granted either; both things are lucky and bring a big whopping smile!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back