What would you do?

Bloom

Reaction score
Just want some opinions ladies.

As some of you know my baby was in an awkward postion at my scan and i was convinced i was having a boy but the sonographer thought girl although she wasnt completly sure. Anyone else in this postion?

I really wanted to be able to buy pink or blue things so now i dont know what to do am i being over dramatic, surely she would of said she couldnt tell if she was really unsure? :think:

What would you do?

well hun if its anything to go by my scan pics if its a boy you would of notised lol mine has HUGE balls and a definate winkle lol
go out and buy pink stuff but keep the tags on if your not too sure that way you can always take things back :)
manda xx

I would buy pink stuff. Apparently it's much more common for you to be told it's a boy and then it turn out to be a girl because all babies have a bit of a willy in there to begin with - but MUCH less likely to be told you're having a girl and then it be a boy. I'm sure it still happens and there are people on here to whom it's happened!!!

I am definitely buying pink stuff. PINK! PINK! PINK! :cheer:

I went for a private scan at 16 weeks and the sonographer said we were having a girl... I was so shocked cus I was convinced the baby was a boy. Then a few minutes later, the sonographer thought she saw "something" down there, that could possibly have been a willy... Then she asked us to come back for another scan at 17 weeks cus she now wasnt 100% baby was a girl. We went back a week later and she could definately see a little willy and he was defo a boy!!

They do say that mummy knows!

hehehehehe...

I think you should get a private scan or it'll drive you bonkers!! It's a good excuse to see the bub again!

A good friend of mine got told girl then had a boy so i think thats why im a bit more paranoid although it was at a different hospital.

I would buy neutral if you're not sure, maybe just buy a couple pink bits.
I would have to have a private scan to find out for sure, the uncertainty would drive me nuts!
Maybe it's a good way to justify a 4d :D

I would buy neutral hehe. Creams and yellows i would buy, they look so cute also if you have another baby you can use them next time whether it be a boy or a girl! :cheer:

I'd buy neutral too - but then I have to as I don't know what I am having even though I have a pink feeling

I have the same predicament as you Bloom. Sonographer thought it could be a boy but said she wouldn't lay her life on it, so I am a bit in limbo too.

To be honest I haven't bought a lot yet anyway, but am gonna stay pretty neutral and then go mad with pink or blue once baby is here.

I get another scan at 34 weeks so am hoping they might be able to tell me then, would you consider a private scan to find out?

A private scan is out of the question as oh does not want a 3d/4d scan for various reasons and no where locally does private scans except one place which wanted £150 for a 2d gender one which im not paying as its overpriced.

I was getting most of the things i need in neutral anyway and the nursery is neutral so i think i will buy some pink bits later on and then i can take them back if needs be.

Its horrible being in limbo land. Although i do feel like its a girl now and im carrying all round i will see how i feel later on.

floppit said:
hehehehehe...

I think you should get a private scan or it'll drive you bonkers!! It's a good excuse to see the bub again!

I agree, they told me boy for paris and I had a girl so better to be safe!

I like not knowing - my hospital doesn't tell you anyway but I didn't want to know.

i dont fink im gonna find out altho it is temptin wen u c all the pink and blue clothes

id stick wiv neutrals or do wat manda sed and buy pink but keep the tags on

one place which wanted £150 for a 2d gender one which im not paying as its overpriced.

:shock: That's rediculously overpriced! Normally a 2d would only cost about £70! :shock:

mine was £100 but that was for a very detailed anomoly scan aswell as the sexing :)
manda xx

At least they tell you guys!! In Aberdeen Hospital they don't tell you the sex of the baby anymore. Something to do with people suing them for getting it wrong I think... So we have to pay to find out the sex it's so unfair!!!

I would buy neutral clothes for now xxx

Where do you live Bloom? There's lots of new private places cropping up all the time. I had a gender scan at 18 weeks, cost £120 with dvd and loads of photos but you can get much cheaper options for around £65 if you shop around :)

jendav81 said:
At least they tell you guys!! In Aberdeen Hospital they don't tell you the sex of the baby anymore. Something to do with people suing them for getting it wrong I think... So we have to pay to find out the sex it's so unfair!!!

I would buy neutral clothes for now xxx

I'm in the same position thanks to Aberdeen Hospital :x
At least it's helped pursuade OH to pay for a 4d scan though! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27