opinions please .....

sarah2807

Reaction score
Hi girls...just wondered what you would do in this situation...as some of you already know at my 20 week scan the sonographer said she thought my LO was a girl but said she was laying in a funny position so suggested we didn't go out buying pink stuff.

We are thinking about decorating our nursery and DH thinks we should decoarte it as a girls room...he said he doesn't mind if we have a boy and will just redo it. If we do have a girl I would like the nursery to be girly but I am just thinking about having to change it all over and poor Dh having to redecorate. Do you think it is worth the risk???

The other thing I am considering is the fact that we haven't told anyone if we are having a boy or a girl (apart from you lot!!) cos I wanted to surprise them...if they see a pink, girly nursery they will know!!!

I don't know what to do ...I'm rubbish at decision making. :think:

I havn't voted, but how about decorating quite neutral and getting pink bedding and other girly accesories?? It was be easier to change it that way! :D

I've voted unisex as someone I know last year was told ' definately a girl' and out popped a boy!! :shock:
Plus you're right about not telling people and that they'll just guess from all the pink. Just my opinion but probably only as I'm staying team green- if I had an inkling of what the baby will be I'd be out buying pink/blue stuff myself...just realised this is no help at all, sorry!

I voted unisex. As bhe101 said, you could decorate neutral and buy pink bedding and curtains and accessories etc, and leave them in the packaging and out of the way so family and friends dont see. If you wait to buy them not long before your due date you could take them back if she turns out to be a he, or, if youre not putting her straight into her own room you could wait until after she is born to buy them even.

could you get another scan? a 4d/3d one? they might be able to tell for sure then!

i voted unisex, you could make it look really nice with neutral colours and then added pink girly things or blue boy things which would be easy to change,

winnie the pooh is very popula and they come pretty much with all the colours so would be easier in the long run i think

For around £80-£120 you can get a 4D scan done and they will definatly tell you! If i thought i was having a girl i would have to go for pink!

If you do have a girl and you have decorated neutral youll only end up changing it to pink and probably spending money to do it!!

Ooooohhh how exciting decorating the nursery!!! x x x

I don't go for the whole blue for boy, pink for girl nursery anyways :shakehead: :lol: I would always opt for neutral or different colours no matter what we were having.

So I voted unisex :D

I would do it neuteral maybe cream and get pink bed stuff, curtains lamp shade etc but keep the receipt and if you dont want people to know wait to put them up til nearer the time and get a girlie boarder to go up after baby has come that way if they are wrong you can change pink bedding, curtains etc for something blue or whatever and put up a more boyish boarder instead of getting pink one

I voted unisex but then I like those styles better than the blue/pink stuff. I think the unisex walls with pink or blue accessories is a great idea :D

I haven't voted as I was going to say the same as above - decorate it neautral, and add pink accessories so you can interchange if need be - Or if you like Winnie the Pooh...maybe some Eeyore accessories! Hehe!

And there is always the 4D scan option if you want to know for sure. x

bhe101 said:
I havn't voted, but how about decorating quite neutral and getting pink bedding and other girly accesories?? It was be easier to change it that way! :D

That's a good idea! You can buy pink (or blue) lamp shades, pictures, bedding, toys, curtains, pillows, rugs etc..

My bedroom walls are cream and mum doesn't want to decorate as I won't be here for long so I just have pink bedding, curtains etc and it looks pretty and pink without being overbearing!

Plus, it'll be more fun I think buying all the accessories! xx

I voted unisex, after LO is born you won't want to be spending time re-decorating, and unisex rooms can be so beautiful, you can always re-decorate at a later date :hug: Babies love bold and bright too so lots of big shapes in different colours will keep them very entertained over Winnie and friends, but that's my personal taste, sorry, I'm sure whatever you decide it will be lovely and LO won't mind either way as long as you and Daddy are happy, very best wishes :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back