What would you do?

keli

Reaction score
I'm supposed to be going for lunch with two friends, one whose pregnant and wants to see me as i've just been through it ( i haven't seen her for about 5 yrs but it will be like we've never been apart IYKWIM) the other one has no children and is of the opinion that children should be seen and not heard in public.. So i've just started weaning Coop and i've just bought a Sack'n seat (cloth highchair) so i would be all excited about going out to lunch being this is the first time Coop could have bits off my plate. But i just don't feel like i'll be comfortable as the friend will be looking round at other people if Cooper starts screaming in excitement and throwing food around! lol. Where as i ready don't care what other people think TBH i rarely notice other people! Should i just go and hope she's ok or shall i cancel telling why or ringing on sat and saying i've had a bad night with Cooper???? Help please..

GO!!! dont let other people stop Coops fun!!!! if shes that bothered she can sit on the other side of the restaurant!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go! If shes any kind of friend she won't show any negativity towards Cooper even if she does dislike kids. If she does then you know not to go with her again and when she asks you why - tell her the truth!

Kim x x x x

Meggiewoo said:
Go! If shes any kind of friend she won't show any negativity towards Cooper even if she does dislike kids. If she does then you know not to go with her again and when she asks you why - tell her the truth!

I agree - you should defiently go! Don't let her stop you! If she makes any comments or pulls a face because he is enjoying himself and making lots of noise, I'd just say 'Well he IS a 5 month old baby!' It's not as though he's a child and should have 'learnt his manners' ifywim?! :D

krissie23 said:
Meggiewoo said:

I agree - you should defiently go! Don't let her stop you! If she makes any comments or pulls a face because he is enjoying himself and making lots of noise, I'd just say 'Well he IS a 5 month old baby!' It's not as though he's a child and should have 'learnt his manners' ifywim?! :D

agree ^^

Well she's just rang and said would i be more comfortable going to the pregnant girls house with Cooper???? Erm.......wasn't really that bothered about taking him out for lunch.... maybe she'd be more comfortable!! She says not bothered as long as Cooper awake..erm what does she think he sleeps all day!! It's too many decisions for my liking.. told her i'll ring her back as phone died. Don't think i'll go.. if preg girl wants to speak to me then she can ring me!

hmmm, bit iffy!!! :think: :think: :think: Id still go to a restaurant with him tbh, its gd experience and fun too!!

I take Evie everywhere with me. If I am going out for lunch I make sure they have highchairs and I go. I have given up caring if she throws food all over the floor or wipes it all over everyones clothes... :roll:

I should imagine your friend is one of these 'babyphobes' I have a couple of friends who dont like to go out with Evie in tow... I don't see them very often.

I say that you should still go and insist you go OUT to lunch. (Trust me it's much less embarassing than puke/food all over someone elses carpet! :oops: :lol: )

I would go out for lunch..

If shes friends with you, and somebody else who is pregnant, she is really gonna have to get over herself at one point so why not let that time be now :D

I wouldn't even think twice about going. If it isn't your LO making a noise, it'll more than likely be someone else's anyway.

Plus... there is nothing nicer than squeals of delight coming from a baby :D

Go and enjoy yourselves! x

I would go out to lunch as well,kids are kids at the end of the day.I often take our 2 out for lunch.weve always taken kiara to as many places as possible from day 1 so that shes aware of every social occasion and she loves it. if your friend doesnt like it then tell her to go sit in her car

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back