What do you think about public transport?

jenna

Reaction score
I dont know about other places but aparently in sheffield theyve stopped people building carparks so people 'go green' and use public transport. As of next week i will be moving building at work and we will be forced to use public transport instead of car shareing. I havnt really been on public transport for years other than useing the free bus last week.

What does every one think of public transport? Im terrified, just useing the free bus last week to go 3 stops i almost had a panick attack :oops:

They cant force you to do anything, if you want to drive in then you drive in and find somewhere close to park!!

Its terrible, they want people to use public transport...which is great...but the service is diabolical. Buses stink. Trains are delayed. You just cant win :wall:

I dont think there is anything near the building thats free :( or cheap.

i hate them i went on the bus to the hospital last week because the parking is a nightmare, never again i will drive round and find somewhere to park they were so dirty and smelly

Grrr don't get me started:

Buses... they stink, they have chavvy kids screaming and shouting on them playing the latest rave choon at 100000000 decibals. They are NEVER on time and cost a fortune! £1.20 to get 1 mile into town is a joke. £2.40 round trip, I can get a taxi for £3 :roll:

Trains: I always had pretty good experiences of trains until I went to Manchester to see Spice Girls. On way there we got on a train at Thornaby cos it takes you direct to Manchester, bloody thing stopped in Darlington (my home town) and said 'oh were not going any further you had to get a bus back in Thornaby :wall: So we paid for another train and eventually got to Manchester. Then on way back no services were running so we had to get on a bus.. If I wanted a bloody bus I would have booked a bus!! Nothing was mentioned at time of booking Grrrrr :shakehead:

So no I don't like public transport, how they expect us to go green when its not even reliable I don't know :?

I hate public transport, I haven't been on a train or bus since the day I passed my driving test nearly 8 years ago!! I used to use them both all the time before that, and thinking back, I can't believe I even did it then!

Oh i hate the "Peasant Wagon"
Call me a snob but the buses round sheffield stink and always have crap stuck on the seats (from what i remember) I haven't been on a bus for 3 years now and don't plan on doing so.

I don't mind the train, if it means getting from A to B as quickly as possible and no farting about stopping all the time.

Public transport should never have been privatised. The fact that it's a profit making business is ridiculous :x
They want us to use it and yet its under funded, overpriced and consistently unreliable. My OH used to work in London. It would take him 3 hours and cost him over £20 a day to get to work. That's over £400 a month :shock: Train fares go up every Jan 1st without fail. There is no incentive to use trains/tubes/buses when travelling by car is so much cheaper and quicker. Although now the car is being super taxed (petrol/road tax/congestion charge/parking permits) I don't mind leaving my car at home, if there was a reliable and inexpensive alternative :x
(I actually walk everywhere but then I live in a little village and used to work from home!)

.............I'll shut up now! :lol:

i hate public transport too Jenna, i am constantly late for work, you just cant rely on the buses.

I haven't been on a bus for years. I do use trains though, I often walk to the station which is nearly 2 miles away rather than catch a bus. I haven't had any problems with trains for a while now (touch wood).

The public transport system in Europe is amazing and shows what it COULD be like. In Vienna for example, the trains are clean and well lit, and never over crowded because they are so regular, and if your timetable says a train will be there at 13:41, it will be there bang on 13:41. The trams are just as reliable and pleasant to use.

It wouldnt be that difficult to get our public transport up to scratch, it just takes money that they are not willing to part with!!

Hate it, havent been on a bus in 9-10 years... underground i get on for free here as my face is known :lol:

but i definetly dont like buses... dont want to sound a bit up myself... but i detest having to sit around drunk/obnoxious/smelly people just to get where im goin, why i love having a car... oh, and pretty much every bus that comes through my area has its windows put in by the local tits... so much so that no buses even come as far down as where i stay anymore, they stopped them a few years back... :roll:

hardly used buses since had LO but didn't mind them to pop into town and back.
I find that certain train services are better than others - never had a problem with Virgin but Midland Mainline are disgusting and stinky. I used Arriva Trains Wales every few weeks when I used to travel from Aberystwyth to Leicester and there was hardly ever a time that the service wasn't cancelled at New Street and I had to wait about for ages to get a train at Wolverhampton. At least I could usually get a seat as not many people wanted to go to Aber :rotfl:

Well, I don't care what anyone says, I wouldn't use public transport in favour of my car, nooooo way 8)

hmmmm use public transport and add an extra 10 hours per week to my commute????

nah!

I hate buses! I pretty much walk where I need to go now or my dh drops me off cos I don't drive. Luckily I live not far from pretty much everything so can walk or I'd be screwed.

I catch the tram (been in Sheffield!!) but i will NOT catch a bus, i hate it, havent been on a bus for years....BUT.....with me moving to where OH lives they dont have the tram route so when LO is born and we have given up my car, i will have to catch the bus...which i am totally dreading!!!!

I dont drive so if OH cant give me a lift I have to get the bus and I HATE it!!
As most people are saying they stink, are way to expensive and bus drivers are probably amongst the rudest people on the planet!

buses = peasant wagons here, they stink of old people and wee :puke:

I have to rely on buses and trains all the time i don't drive neither does dh
:cry: it costs me £14.00 for a weekly ticket and if i go to see my parents every day or start working in the same town it's gonna costs me
£25.00-£30.00 a week :cry: .

When the summer holidays start gonna soooo expensive just going for days out with the girls not to mention its gonna be very crowded and noisey with teenagers playing music :roll:

I'm gonna have to invest in some driving lessons me :think: .x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back