What toys should he have for 8 months?

rheannymac

Reaction score
Looking for a bit of advice ladies.
Harry is 8 & a half months and I was looking to get him some new toys as he's had the same ones now for ages. He doesn't seem as stimulated and occupied by them anymore. He has lots of Lamaze stuff, wee teddies, rattles, cars books etc aswell as his Vtech walker thing, singing Alfie bear and a few others like that. He refuses to go in his Jumperoo anymore. We have an activity table that he can sit in, but he wont go in that either. He does sometimes stand at it and play with the stuff on it but not for long.
He does seem to like musical/flashy light stuff with buttons too.

What kind of things did your LOs have at this age and what seemed to really grab their attention?

Thanks!

Ethan's got loads of 9month+ stuff but he's been playing with them for quite a while. One of his favourites is a ball popper (think the make is 'playskool'), although the balls go flying and he refuses to go and fetch them lol but he enjoys putting the balls in etc.
He also has: a sit to stand tower, a leapfrog activity table, a vtech push along walker, a fisher price speedway garage (another huge hit with Ethan), a fisher price push along cement truck, a cookie jar shape sorter and a small toy work bench with a spanner, hammer etc..

I find the things that keep him amused the most are household things though even though my house is crammed with toys! Give him a saucepan and wooden spoon and he's well away haha xx

we have rings to stuck, cups to stuck, a pat mat, a beads labyrinth, tommy squeaky eggs, soft animal figurines to name the animals and make the sounds, a pop up toy, tons of flap and busy books, a push animal carousel, a shape shorter, a microphone, a tv controller, a cellphone, a xylophone, a first awareness animal puzzle and probably the best of all is a pot and a wooden spoon to bang in it...

ph and pull along toys but she is not on the move yet

Music makers are a fave here, along with a shape sorter, I line then up for him and he pushes them through the holes. Can keep him occupied for ages. Xx

Noisy vtech things. A lady bug shape sorter, a noddy remote control car (its my nephews for 12mth+) activity table. Her pram, books, a singing and dancing minni mouse, dvd nursery rhymes keep us busy too. Lots of "thats not my" books.

Her fav toys are my phone, keys, wipes, the hoover, a jar with a penny in and anything plastic out of the kitchen like my spoons and a measuring jug!!!
She plays with some rubbish!! Xx

tapatalking

W likes anything that isn't a toy...!! Haha.
But he actually loves his wooden letter blocks, can build and knock them down and he picks them out the little wooden push along thing.
Wooden spoon and the basin from the sink (he likes to make noise)
Clothes pegs.
Toilet roll tubes...xx

What age is it OK to have the V-tech walk along thingy??

I may buy it anyway before I go down to zero pay in August :shock:

James isn't really into toys? He loves to shake all his nappies out of the bag or pull all the nappy bags out of the packet etc... He also loves foil / wrappers / boxes / newspaper - he is like my cat, she likes all that stuff too !!

xxxxxxx

What age is it OK to have the V-tech walk along thingy??

I may buy it anyway before I go down to zero pay in August :shock:

James isn't really into toys? He loves to shake all his nappies out of the bag or pull all the nappy bags out of the packet etc... He also loves foil / wrappers / boxes / newspaper - he is like my cat, she likes all that stuff too !!

xxxxxxx

Well the front of the walker comes off & clips back on so Harry used to sit on the floor playing with all the wee bits on it. Id say he started doing that from about 7 months? Now he pulls himself up on it but hasn't quite grasped walking while pushing it yet.
I think if you look around there's a lot of them 2nd hand going for cheap! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back