Toy suggestions for 6 month old?

ZMD

Reaction score
What toys do all your 6+ month olds like?
Tegan is getting very bored of her 'baby' toys like rattles mirrors etc so Im looking to get her some new toys i've got a vtech Crawl ball and a spinning drum that she loves and she still loves her baby walker & jumperoo But i want to get her more toys that she can sit and play with x

We bought Seb some stackable stars from tesco which he loves, rain makers and 'jingle bells' (bells on a bracelet) because he loves noise at the moment. He loves his Lamaze toys especially his octopus. He also has a leapfrog table with loads of bits you can spin, turn, flick, open etc that can be set to music or alphabet and numbers which he loves. He adores balls and cars too and he likes to play with DD's barbies in the bath :) and despite liking all these toys he STILL prefers to try to get any wires around and attempt to mess with the fireplace! Typical!

Oh he also loves books-soft books, hard books, big ones, little ones-any really x

Tegan has the lamaze octopus and hates it lol! thanks for the Other suggestions though i feel a spending spree coming on! xx

Charley loves his toy train, his drum, jumperoo, lamazee puppy, his octopus. I've ordered him some stacking rings.
He also likes playing with laceys toy story toys lol

Oh and I've also ordered a activity triangle thingy! I think that should've come by now so gonna have to email the seller!

we bought 2 new toys onf riday as felt he had loads of sensory type teddies and younger stuff. got good deal in tk maxx on a shape sorter 'cookie jar' been singing the song all day lol! also got a big tractor from early leanring centre reduced price with a moving roof and large lego blocks and a man that sit sin it. He's enjoying manipulating the bits! he likes stacking cups and any books too. also we got one of those wire things with blocks on you can move around (wooden) from tesco down to 3 quid.

Isla has the cookie jar, spinning drum, stackable stars (I didn't expect so many!) etc

Her favourite is a fisher price talking book, fisher price tea set (pink with two cups), elc rain maker, Bright starts have some lovely things :)

Isla has the cookie jar, spinning drum, stackable stars (I didn't expect so many!) etc

Her favourite is a fisher price talking book, fisher price tea set (pink with two cups), elc rain maker, Bright starts have some lovely things :)

Does the spinning drum drive you crazy? lol Tegan is constantly spinning hers now and as soon as it stops she does it again! x

Zac loved his crawling ball at 6 months. He also loved his stacking cups, maracas, and a vtec steering wheel thing x

Does the spinning drum drive you crazy? lol Tegan is constantly spinning hers now and as soon as it stops she does it again! x

Yes! And that it makes clapping sounds minutes after putting it away (I don't turn stuff off). Isla just tries to eat it rather than spin or bang. She's very gentle with her toys.

Maybe I should go on a spending spree, he does look a bit bored with some of his toys.

He still adores his Bright stars musical bee and has to go to sleep with it on. Also Sophie le girafe teething toy has been a godsend, particularly during car journeys.

i have a activity triangle - i got mine from wilko its exactly the same as the early learning centre one but about £3.50 instead of £10!!!!

H loves his baby einstein caterpillar and his roll n racers toy!! Is the vtech crawl ball any good?

Thanks for the ideas! I need to get Drake some more toys, he's loving sounds right now so gonna spent a bit this week!

Lately he's loving my middle sons little football...he goes crazy with it lol.

Tegan can't Crawl yet But she's quite interested in the Crawl ball, i've just ordered leap frog activity table of amazon on offer for £15 x

at 6 months old a baby will be interested in most objects so you don't need to buy expensive toys.

when jack was young i took him to a peep, surestart group and they encouraged using a basket of things -that would not hurt baby's mouth and could be cleaned- ( a card, a book, wooden spoon, whisk, lids from jars, small bottle with rice in etc ) that you could change about regularly to keep the basket interesting.

Jack loved it and ended up he had loads of things to play with and it didn't cost me anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back