What toys and when?

BabyBrain

Reaction score
I know Albert is legally blind as a newborn but I would like to start stimulating his other senses whilst waiting for his eyesight to kick in. We have a baby gym but he's too young for that I think and just lies there farting. We play lots of music in our house and someone's always singing (badly lol), he reacts well to this so maybe a musical toy or mobile?

He loves different textures like my dressing gown, snuggling skin to skin under it with mummy is a lovely time and he grasps the fabric.

Just a bit stuck on what to get him, I'd like to start wearing him out in the evenings so he goes longer at night xxxxxxxxx

From my experience, Harlow was not interested in anything other than me for the first 4 weeks.

After that the first thing that caught her eye was mirrors. Do you have one of those toy mirrors that you can hang on stuff? x

Freddy firefly! Might be young now but he'll love it soon enough.

Yeah any toys with lots of different feeling fabrics and things with flashy lights!

try massaging him and touching him with soft things like feathers and soft fabric x very soothing for him x

Someone bought Jack a Taggie and he loved it when he was tiny. It's bright purple on one side and has cow print on the other with lots of different coloured tags on it. He used to stroke it if I hung it over the side of his moses basket. Then when he was bigger he's smush it in his face and suck on the tags! :) x

I was going to suggest any of the Lamaze toys as they are full of different fabrics and noises!! What about baby sensory classes in Your area?

Ooh I've just thought there's a Lamaze toy that's meant to stimulate babies and it can be used as a cot bumper too and has patterns and mirror etc!

Last edited:
As he gets older you could also make him a treasure basket. Just a few things from around the house that he can explore: a metal spoon, a scrubbing brush, a wooden spoon, a small mirror, a ribbon etc

AJ adores music and its the first thing that will calm him down. I'm putting it down to the fact that in special care they always had a radio on and at night played classic music on low. I have to say AJ only seems bothered by us at the moment and doesn't really want toys. lol

my mom got harry a rabbit cuddle cloth type thing with a little rattle to strap to his wrist he absolutley loves it keeps pulling shocked faces when it rattles :p lol

The Lamaze toys are great. I have Kerry the fairy and my DD loves it and gets so excited when she sees her. I think she loves it more than us as it was who she smiled at first!

Like the other ladies said - the Lamaze stuff. They are different textures, make noises, and have black and white areas that newborns can see before they see the colours. Xxx

we just got a playmat/gym thingy today and ordered jaques the peacock the lamaze toy :)

I'll definitely have a look at Lamaze thanks, he loves the sense of touch so should be good xxxxxxx

Henry has Freddie firefly and loves it. Waiting for Henry the hippo to be delivered now too :)

Aawww cute :D

Just realised Albert already has Captain Calimari, a pressie his older nephews gave him on Sunday. Will play with him later :D. Will be looking at others though, they are lovely. They remind me of the texture pillows a lot of homes are using for dementia sufferers

Lamaze do lots of black and white toys too. I love the raccoon and am gonna order it for Henry when I next get paid :D

Another fan of the lamaze toys, well worth the money. I also have a tommee tipped rattle teether, which is Chloe's favourite toy at the moment.

I'll definitely have a look at Lamaze..Thanks for the information...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back