What to take...

kat060287

Reaction score
I have been told that when we go into hospital we need to take in milk for the babies feeds. Just wondering does this mean that i need to take bottles and what about cleaning? Sorry if this is a stupid question but its my first and i really don't have a clue xxx

I believe lots of hospitals are pushing this as a way to push for higher breastfeeding rates, which is no problem for those who have decided to BF but causes a nightmare for those who choose not to.

Saw on another post that you can get bottles of milk made up already (which are sterile until opened i would presume). Not sure if baby can feed from these or if you need another bottle to put the milk into, perhaps someone else can answer this. Considering that unless there are complications, your hospital stay won't be that long, perhaps that might be the best option.

Sorry I can't be more help, but all my research so far has been about BF.

You can get a starter pack from Asda that contains about 12 presterillised glass bottles (what the womens used to give you) they do them in cow and gate and SMA, they are about £14 but saves taking bottles, formula, sterillising bags ect.
They sell out pretty quickly but you can order them online, think mothercare do them to x x

---
-

NO idea, sorry. When I went I was given little pre-packed Cow and Gate glass bottles from the hospital, You unscrew the lid then undo a sterilised teat and screw it on. I am guessing you can now buy these somewhere. Ask your midwife, she should know. Good luck :eek:) xxx

At the hopsital we are going to you have to take your own formula, bottles, teats and bottle brushes. The hospital has sterilising facilities! You have to have your own if you are not breast feeding or if you are planning to BF and then find you can't!

Thanks girls, i got the starter pack from asda today thought that would be the easiest option x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back