milk

mum&2girls

Reaction score
iam not going to be breastfeeding so when i go into hospital do i need to take my own bottles and milk i just wondeered or do they suply for you?????????????????

I'm not sure....

When I had B&T 8 years ago, the hospital that I was in supplied milk...

I am going to try and breastfeed this time but have got some milk just incase...

Looking forward to the other replies!

SIL had a few bottles provided for her - lasted her till she got home

When I had DD they had ickle tiny disposable bottles of SMA gold. I think its safe to assume that milk will be provided. I'm going to breastfeed this time so havent bought any but the hospital wont let my baby starve if I change my mind or am unable to feed myself.

someone had a thread on this yesterday, saying that some hospitals are stopping providing bottles and formula from the end of february,but still having sterilisers available. think they said it was to promote breastfeeding.

In my antenatal classes last thursday we were told everything would be provided for bottle feed babies presuming you were using one of the four main formula brands (otherwise you'd have to provide your own).

I suggest you ask your midwife or ring the hospital to ask their policy on it so you can prpare your hospital bag.

Oh before i forget, we were also told that cloth nappies would be provided (teeny tiny cute little tots bots) but you would have to bring your own disposables if you were using them, so you may want to ask about that aswell. :D

edit: here is the link to that thread i was talking about
http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... highlight=

Ive packed some disposables for the meconium and his rainbow tots bots for after that :D

when i had my son in december 2005 they supplied you with milk till you went home, but it could have all changed now, plus different hospital have different policys!!!

i would check with your midwife hun just in case your hospital has a different policy but as far as im aware they supply the milk while your in hospital xxxxxxx

Hi

I agree i would check with your hospital to make sure before you go in.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back