What to expect

Amyrose

Reaction score
Hi ladies I have myself my first appointment at the doctors Monday but have no idea how the booking system works here. I never got to see my midwife last time as I lost my little bean a few days before my booking appointment.
I just wondered what to expect ect x

Not sure how it would differ up there in Lincoln to here in Suffolk, but here the gp's really aren't interested. If you have a history of mcs or anything though it might be different again. Here we just have to get the number for the community midwives and call them up to get a booking-in appointment. Usually around 8 weeks and then they do all the normal stuff like bloods, notes etc xxxxxxx

I went to see GP the week after I got my BFP. I had MMC in January and wanted to get on the care route as soon as possible. He just checked blood pressure and examined tummy area. He then asked what hospital I want to go to and said he'd write and ask them to see me earlier due to age and MC history. He told me to contact community mid wives closer to Christmas. End of appointment.

I have my first hospital appointment on Monday which includes scan. All staying well I will be 10w1d. :)

All the best AR, Great to see you in Tri 1 as you seem to have had quite a journey to get here. Hope everything stays good for you and you have brilliant and healthy 9 months. xx

I think it depends area to area before I had to see GP who then referred me to midwife but here I could have just made an appointment directly with midwife.

Booking in consisted of being given pregnancy notes and loads of other (mostly useless) stuff. We went through mine and oh medical history and had blood taken. She also booked my 12 week scan there and then so had the date and she booked me an early scan.

I think it's the same up here. I remember when I went to see my doc the last time they weren't very bothered. Thanks for the info girls xxxxx

My first midwife appointment was just a chat about my health, family health and my height weight, blood pressure and no bloods, am having that done after my scan next week...
Also got my bounty pack and a library of books and magazines to read x

I'm in Scotland and we now have a "self refer" booking number so you don't have to go through a GP at all now, as soon as you get a BFP you call the number and they send you out a booking in date at around 8 weeks.

Take bloods, blood pressure, weight, family history, any previous pregnancies etc etc.
Give you your weight in leaflets and then you go away and wait for your scan date :)

They might send you to the EPAU for an early scan to make sure everything is ok :hugs:

Here you see the gp who takes your blood pressure, weight and height and fills out some forms. They then ask the midwife to phone and arrange a booking in appointment. My midwife phoned me at 8 weeks and I have my booking in appointment Monday (9+1 weeks). Can't wait to get the scan date through :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back