Booking in appointment

Little bean

Reaction score
Hi everyone found out I was expecting my first little bean 10 days ago very very excited :0) I'm about 6 weeks today. Have just come back from the doctors and cannot get my booking appointment to see the midwife until 10th nov :( bit disappointed I have to wait that long. Has anyone found it difficult to get an appointment. Xx

hiya

it sometimes depends on the area you live as they dont book you in till ur a certain amount of weeks pregnant, i was 8 weeks when i was booked but only coz the times and and dates previous to this were not suitable!!

i would'nt worry too much as its normally just a lot of paperwork in the first few weeks :) x

I can't even get a gp appointment! So I'm not even in the system yet :( called the docs today and they said they didn't have any appts, and could I call back in a week?!?

My gp surgery was the same. The midwife in our area doesn't see anyone until at least 8 weeks. I had mine last week and its lots of paperwork, blood tests and ur first bounty pack xx

i went to docs last thursday and wont see the midwife until 26th Oct. so i can understand how annoying it is. i will be 9 weeks by then. but i keep thinking from then i will only have a short time to wait for 1st scan

I've got my first docs appointment tonight so hopefully I'll find out when my booking in appointment will be then. Last time it was quite quick and they actually sent me out a 12week scan date too. Sadly didn't make that xx

I didn't see my mw til 11 weeks but I could still talk to the triage mw at the hospital if I was worried about anything. There's support there if you need it before you see her so don't panic xxxxxxxx

Just think of all the blood tests ur avoiding :)

I Live on a tiny island so i was literally bring int the kood test from the docs to the pathology lab myself :)
The weeks wil fly though !

xx

Midwives don't book in here til you are 8 weeks xx

Contests btw xxx

I went on monday to doctor. They gave me a rough due date and told me midwife would be around 8 weeks, and first scan is between 11 weeks and 14! I don't want to wait till 14 weeks!! Xx

I had my booking appointment on tuesday, I had to wait 3 weeks as they didn;t do it til I was 8 weeks.

tbh they didn't do much was mostly paper filling and gave me loads of gumph.....

I called my GP who gave me the number for the midwife centre, who gave me another number. They then gave me another number, and then that number said that you can't make appointments over the phone and have to do it online! Frustrating! The GP did say that the midwife won't see you until 8 weeks though, so I've got 3 weeks until I get my first appointment :( x

ive been advised to wait til im at least 8 weeks x

My previous post was meant to say 'congrats' btw not 'contests' lol, bloody phone changes words xxx

Thanks for your replys you know what us lady's are like we want it yesterday lol. I think I've got the grupms about it because I will be 10 weeks and not telling anyone until I'm 12 weeks. It killing me keeping it quite ha ha. Xx

I am waiting to see my doctor who is on holiday so 27th oct apt. Then its 5-6 wait to see midwife as they only have one at our surgery and that's how booked up she is. I am not stressing though........ yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back