What to expect from antenatal classes?

NIE

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I have my first antenatal class tomorrow afternoon and I was just wondering what I should expect.

Do/did you find them useful?

What did you learn?

I only went to my first one,
it was helpful if you dont know anything to do with birth.
they go through like all the how the baby comes down into the pelvis, and what birth choices there are, ( i dunno wht order they will do your classes in)
when i went we talking about how the baby comes out and different stages of the labour and such.

its quite nice that you meet loads of other pregnant women aswell :)

Thanks.

I'm really looking forward to it even if it will be a bit scary. xxx

We are doing NCT classes as our GP surgery only offers 1 session. We had our first class last Monday - very enjoyable! 6 couples, all first timers, between 27 and 34 weeks. The boys had to identify and label parts of the female pregnant body (on a big picture diagram) - they did very well, just failing to identify 'fundus' and 'perineum' - LOL

You should have seen all their faces go pale when we were talking about episitomys - LOL

Tomorrow is signs and symptoms of labour and when to think about going to hospital.

8 classes in total - looking forward to the rest of them :D

We went to our 1st last Weds. Was run by Sure Start and pretty good for a freebie. The midwife talked about labour & giving birth 1st of all then the washable nappy rep came which was interesting. There was a bit of a lovvey dovvey bit in the middle where she made us migle but apart from that it was fine.

Our classes are called parent craft and run for 4 afternoons but our OH have not to come to any of them. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back