First antenatal class

Flame

Reaction score
I have my first antenatal class called the active birth workshop tomorrow everning. Anyone got any ideas what to expect?

Thanks

It is a hospital one though rather than a private class. Are they the same?

which hospital are you going to for the classes? ive applied to City but havnt heard anything back yet

They only do them at City. It only took a week or so for them to reply.

You will probably hear something soonish as you are now 26 weeks and that seems to be the time they start, i was a bit further on as i didnt apply till late.

If you dont mind paying for them then there is another one i am going to starting next week called Babycoaching, they do day courses for £80 or 5 week courses for £150 but if you are lucky you might get the 5 week course cheap like i did.

We went to our first NCT class last night.

It was good, a bit daunting and I felt a bit self concious, but it'll be fine after saturday as thats an all day session, 9.30-4.30! :shock:

got my first one tonight. it's run at the hospital by my midwife once a month. if you ask your midwife they normally sort one out for you!
also there are loads of aquanatal classes running around this area (derbyshire) at most swimming baths and they are run by midwifes.

lisa xxx

I've not attended an antenatal class so cannot comment on them personally, but wanted to say I hope its a positive and fun experience for you Flame :hug:

Just got back from it. It was ok, the midwife was quite funny. Unfortunately i didnt learn anything i didnt already know.

Shame you didn't learn anything at the class. Maybe you will as it progresses? What were the other ladies like...did you make any new friends?

:hug:

No didnt make any friends, most people just spoke to their partners and we only did one group activity so there wasnt much of a chance to speak to others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back