What time to bed?

kellie80

Reaction score
Jess is almost 8 and she goes to bed at 8pm on a school nights and between 8.30 and 9pm on weekends. Do you think that's too early? We live in quite a rough area so if I went off all the other kids round here that are her age or younger then she would be playing out till 11pm. :shock: The LO's go up at 7pm so she only has 1 hour without them. I also want to make sure she gets enough sleep as shes usually up between 6.30 and 7am with Aimee as she shares a room.

I know Kai is only 2 but atm we are flexible with his bedtime, now that the longer days are here he is out playing and goes between 8.30 -10.00. Just seems a waste when there will be so many months where we can't do it,

When my SS stays here, he goes to bed at 9pm, but that is usually weekends and holidays. If there is something of interest on TV for him, were pretty flexible. He is 8 now.

I think he goes to bed about the same time when he is at home, which I personally think is late enough when he is at school the next day too.

Playing out til 11pm :roll: :shock: ??????????

When my SS stays here, he goes to bed at 9pm, but that is usually weekends and holidays. If there is something of interest on TV for him, were pretty flexible. He is 8 now.

I think he goes to bed about the same time when he is at home, which I personally think is late enough when he is at school the next day too.

Playing out til 11pm :roll: :shock: ??????????

Cameron goes to bed at 9pm on school nights and gets to read for half an hour. I expext him in the house by 8 o'clock.

On the hoidays as just now he is in bed for 10pm but we are up early to go to childminders i would probably let him stay up later if he could lie in bed nextx day. He has to be home for nine just now.

Hes nearly 10 btw

:think: Maybe I should put her bed time back a bit. I do feel a bit mean sometimes when shes going bed and its still sunny out.

MY Boy is 8, school nights I like him in bed for 8 (as in light off and go to sleep) but sometimes he may stay up a little later if a friend is over or we have been out. I like him in bed by 9pm at the latest though.

On weekends and holidays it depends what we have to do the next day if its a lazy day I really dont mind him staying up but usually thats because we are doing something productive rather than for the sake of it.

I think sleep is really important dont feel bad that other parents dont see the value in making their kids have a good nights sleep.

kellie80 said:
:think: Maybe I should put her bed time back a bit. I do feel a bit mean sometimes when shes going bed and its still sunny out.

Yeah thats how i have been feeling when i have been seeing all the other kids playing out while H is tucked up in bed.

I used to send him up to bed at 7.30pm and then he would be asleep by 8pm after his story and endless questions. Now we let him stay up till 8pm, if we leave it any later than that he would never get up for school, he loves his sleep.

Beth goes to bed at 8pm on school nights and 9pm on weekends (8.30 in the holidays cos i couldnt handle her up until 9pm everynight for weeks...i like my evenings :D :lol: ) On weekends she gets to read or play quietly in bed until 9.30. I think thats enough for her at the moment ! :)

i'm mean in bed for 8pm all nights but then shes up at the crack of dawn (we've tried allowing her to stay up)

Josh is 5 and he won't go to bed til we do, so sometimes he's up til 10-11pm (and yes, that's on a school night) :oops:

Don't shoot me... we've really tried everything but it's so hard with Ryan, cos if we try and put Josh to bed he screams and screams and wakes Ryan up.

To get him to lie in bed he has to have a DVD on and he just stays awake til we go to bed.

We really need to sort it out but I dunno how.

Sorry, I totally just took over your thread :oops:

x-kirsty-x said:
Josh is 5 and he won't go to bed til we do, so sometimes he's up til 10-11pm (and yes, that's on a school night) :oops:

Don't shoot me... we've really tried everything but it's so hard with Ryan, cos if we try and put Josh to bed he screams and screams and wakes Ryan up.

To get him to lie in bed he has to have a DVD on and he just stays awake til we go to bed.

Harrison used to be the same until i got that mad of having no "me time" or time where me and OH could just chill out on our own i had to put him in his room at the same time everynight and just leave him.
As long as he knows that you arn't going to give in and let him come down and watch tv and that is bedtime.
Show him the clock and explain that at a certain time that is when he will go to bed and then show him what time you will be going to bed, its just a suggestion thats what i did with H at first.

MissSara said:
x-kirsty-x said:

Harrison used to be the same until i got that mad of having no "me time" or time where me and OH could just chill out on our own i had to put him in his room at the same time everynight and just leave him.
As long as he knows that you arn't going to give in and let him come down and watch tv and that is bedtime.
Show him the clock and explain that at a certain time that is when he will go to bed and then show him what time you will be going to bed, its just a suggestion thats what i did with H at first.

Thanks :) I think we'll give it a go cos it's getting ridiculous now :roll:

I'm a big meany mummy! Beth and Lottie go to bed at 730 lights out 7.45, Freya goes at 7.15, in the holidays though they tend to watch a dvd in bed or stay up a little later.

When I was little my bedtime used to be 8pm - that was until I started high school.

From the ages of 11-15 or so, my bedtime then was 10pm or thereabouts.

From 15-19 my bedtime was 11pm (yes I was made to go to bed at a specific time even over the age of 18 - evil mother lol) unless I was specifically out somewhere like clubbing or whatever - she didn't always give me permission to go out though, it was hit and miss. She was strict my mam. I moved out 4 days before my 19th birthday, and that was the end of that. I became instantly nocturnal after that - I used to go to bed at 7am. I've always been a night person at heart - I'm quite happy to be awake all night and sleep all day.

My kids go to bed these days at around 1am :oops: - but they don't wake up until 11am. DH and I go to bed around 3am.

Mason on a school night is 8pm ish
weekends around 9-9.30, he's 7 on Monday :D

Kirsty, I would keep ryan up, or get him to sleep downstairs, and let josh scream to his hearts content ;)

kellie80 said:
Jess is almost 8 and she goes to bed at 8pm on a school nights and between 8.30 and 9pm on weekends. Do you think that's too early? We live in quite a rough area so if I went off all the other kids round here that are her age or younger then she would be playing out till 11pm. :shock: The LO's go up at 7pm so she only has 1 hour without them. I also want to make sure she gets enough sleep as shes usually up between 6.30 and 7am with Aimee as she shares a room.

no i think thats late enough

My 7 year old boy goes up to bed on school nights about 7.30pm and reads for about 20 mins he is usually asleep by 8.30pm. On the weekends he goes up about 8.30pm and asleep by 9-9.30pm. We dont let him play out yet, another thing that we are mean about, but I think hes still too young.

scones said:
We dont let him play out yet, another thing that we are mean about, but I think hes still too young.

I dont think its mean...i dont let Beth out either! I feel bad, cos there are kids on our street that do go out, but i dont think she's ready yet, and neither am i , lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back