What time of day should I use opk?

Melly41

Reaction score
Hi ladies, so it's that time of month when I can start to use opk's again (loving the faff that goes with this, especially when I am at work!) so last month I used them around 1pm each day after not drinking for 3-4 hours, but did not get line as dark as control. What time of day does everyone else test? Wondering if I should do I think around 3pm or 4pm and not drink anything after lunch? Interested to hear if anyone of you have found testing later on in the afternoon better? If I suspect an increase I will test 2-3 times a day but starting tomorrow so any thoughts? :lol:

Good luck to those who tested over the weekend, I know there were a few of you. Sending you lots of :dust:

Last edited:
Hi Melly, I always test when I get home from work around 6pm..I got my positive at that time the month I conceived..

Thanks Clare, its more convenient after work but read that sometimes mid pm is better. Reassuring to hear you got your positives at 6pm the month you conceived. Might try and test when I get back from work for first couple of days and then when I am due to ovulate might test twice a day perhaps 2pm and 6pm as think I might have missed the surge last time! Haven't tested at 6pm before but I guess it makes sense as I don't drink too much after lunch usually until dinner. Start tomorrow so fingers crossed will get a positive result in the next few days so we can start dtd :lol: X

For a few days leading up to the positive I tested twice a day at 2pm and 6pm and there was never any difference..I get a faint line on the build up and it was always the same regardless of time.. But yes, no harm in doing it twice a day! Good luck! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back