• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What time is good for bedtime?

BabysMomma

Reaction score
I unfortunately haven't been able to get Avery into a bedtime routine as yet cos she has colic and just doesn't settle very well at all. I also think she's a hungry baby so am gona try her on formula for hungry babies as she's drinking around 150mls every 2.5-3hrs and doesn't sleep much inbetween.

I was lucky with my son, he just kinda fell into a routine himself. He loved his sleep and was sleeping through the night by 3 months. Avery is quite different and really dislikes to sleep.

I'm gona attempt putting her into her moses basket tonight and hopefully get into a routine. Was wondering what time do you ladies put your LOs to bed at? And what if your LO cries? x

Aww sorry you are having a tough time of it hun! It's not easy at first is it.

Georgie is In bed for 9pm at the latest (we are trying to bring it forward slowly) she was sleeping till 6/7am most nights but is cutting her bottom teeth at the moment and has gone back to waking every 1.5 hours bless her!

To be honest hun she chose her bed time - I did try and get her down between 6/7 like some of the girls on here do but it just did not work for her - she was waking after a couple of hours and being wide awake. I learnt to go by what she needs and not what suits us or what I think should happen x

oh if she crys I roll her on her side in her crib and pat her back till she goes back to sleep. She settles down quickly now but it used to take awhile x

owen used to go between 7 and 8.30, depending on the day sleeps he had (he used to have A LOT!) we started bed routine from a month. We used to fed him to sleep/almost sleep and then pat his back and we swaddled til 3 months and he also had a dummy.

good luck x

At your lo's age Drake was going to bed at 10pm. When he got a little bit older i gradually started bringing his times up. At around 7 months he then kinda went into his own routine of being in bed between 7-730pm. Sometimes later if we're out later than usual or got visitors.

I tried the 7pm thing when he was a lot younger but he just didn't settle to i decided to do it gradually then. Its worked perfect for us. It's so nice getting the evenings to yourself! Good luck!

Lanna was 6pm till 6am, slept through and had done forever, but then we went away for a month and messed up her routine, if she goes to bed at 6 now, shes thinks its just nap time and wakes up again at 11 ! So her bedtime is 7:30 - 8 now and she goes through (most nights) till 8:30am

My bed time routine started on day 1 of bringing my kids home. Bath, feed, cuddle then put down awake in Moses basket in bedroom at 7pm with the monitors on. If they woke up before a feed was due I just let them get back off to sleep unless they cried then I would pick them up to see if they had any wind, re swaddle, dummy in and back in basket.

All three boys were great at going to bed awake and the 2 oldest are fantastic sleepers still. My youngest is a light sleeper so wakes a lot in the night. He mostly goes back off himself but sometimes needs to see me and be tucked in. He needs very little sleep ( has 11.5 hours in any 24 MAX) so even tho he had the same routines as the others his sleep is totally different. Goes to show that all children really are different!

I feel for you having to deal with night feeds and sleepless nights hun, I never want to do that ever again, it's exhausting but one day LO will just sleep all night and it will be amazing :hug: xx

At first we just started his bedtime routine whenever he was awake between 7 and 9pm. We then figured out starting his bedtime routine at 7pm suited both me and him. He usually sleeps through until 6-7am. xx

Oh and mostly he falls alseep on his bedtime bottle but if not we put him down awake and switch on his lightshow. He will settle with this usually as long as he is well fed and has some teething gel on as he is teething at the moment. xx

From about 3 weeks, LO has been having bath, bottle and bed. He gets put down awake and he self settles. He was going to bed at about 9.30pm but we're slowly bringing it forward and he now goes to bed between 8-8.30pm. I'll keep bringing it forward until he's in bed at about 7-7.30pm. He still wakes up between 2 and 5am for a feed but has slept until 7am on a few occasions so I know he can do it! He's just a hungry boy! x

Remember its perfectly normal for babys to wake in the night for a feed up till atleast 6 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back