Is it too early for a routine??

charlie26

Reaction score
Well my lo is almost 4 week but I think we're getting into a routine. She has a feed between 8-10pm then I put her in her moses basket and she goes ru sleep. Last night she went to sleep at 10 and didn't wake till 4.30am then again at 7.15.
She's staying awake more during the day and sleeping longer at night . What age do they recognise a routine? Xx

If your LO is falling naturally into a routine, then that is fantastic! :). We still don't have a proper routine at almost 11 weeks - no two days or nights are the same. I wish we did have a bit more of a predictable day / night, but I am hoping Emily will fall into her own pattern eventually. That your LO has found her own structure so quickly is brilliant! Enjoy! :)

Alyssa made her own and i just follow that, she usually wants to sleep around 9 and will wake at 3 or 4am for a feed, sleep again til 7 or 8am get up, have a nappy change and kick on mat, get dressed, have boobie breakfast and then nap til between 10 and 11, feed change play nap til round 1/3pm same as earlier then nap til 5/6pm have dinner, change into pj's feed etc then either be awake til 8/9 or nap til then. sometimes she naps longer or less but its always round those times give or take an hour odd.

we have had a routine since about 4ish weeks and he's fallen in well with it if she has fallen into her own one then thats great :) xxx

Last edited:
I think as long as she's fallen into it on her own. There is too much pressure to get little babies into a routine, especially before 6 weeks. They change all the time and what works one month might not the next. As long as you follow baby everything will be ok :)

As long as you are both happy then it's fantastic she's figured it out on her own! I just go with whatever Albert wants although I do try to hold off his last feed til 10, he'll sleep til 4 ish and then til about 9am.......it's marvellous :D

thats great that shes falling into her own routine so early. our little man is just starting to fall into a nightime routine now at 6 weeks, although no daytime routine at all. xx

We had a routine until the evil jabs, now she decides what she wants to do. We were sleeping through the night now she is awake around 3.

But if she wants to do that you are lucky, she must be very happy and content, well done!

our little madam has always had her bedtime routine......from quite early on. but to be honest special care kind of made her develop her own routine quick...

daytime.....some days she naps and some days she cat naps...there is no set pattern. but every night she has her bath at 6pm and is asleep in bed by 7pm and she knows now it's massage, bath, bottle and bed and she has this off to a T now :) xx

if we attempt to put her bath time any later she kicks off cos she is so tired and grumoy, she just wants her bed!! but it suits us cos then from 7pm onwards its mummy and daddy time :) x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back