What the.. ?

russellmuscle

Reaction score
okay so today I began my OPK's, held in my wee wee for agessssssss infact I hadnt had a first pee atall this morning and took one to work (Clearblue) so I followed the instructions, hold downwards and pee on it for 3-5 seconds and nothing has come up ... Im thinking maybe I havent wee'd on it enough but now I will need to wait another 4 hours. Do you think I would be able to use the same one if none of the ink has ran?

I'm not too sure hun, maybe it was a faulty one. Try collecting pee in a cup instead, think u have to dip the end in for 10-15 secs. I'd use a fresh one just 2 b sure. They're a fortune though aren't they?! Xx

Yeah I was £18 for 7 tests and a preg test was a wee kit thingy, but because I only have 7 and this is my first month I was kinda trying to make them last but I will wait till I get home dip the other one in a cup see if it changes, if not I will use another one as I read that you only cant use them as the dye has already been used but mine hasnt came up anything its just white and its not like I missed the stick bit cause I can see that it has wee on it. This is the grosest part of TTC haha. Thanks for the adivce.. :)

What tests are they hun? The one's that give you the smiley face?

I pee is a cup and dip my OPK's in.

I also use the cheap OPK's to begin with and if I get a decent line I'll confirm with a digi OPK.

I only used 2 digi OPK's this cycle but loads of cheapies :)

xxxxxxxxx

What tests are they hun? The one's that give you the smiley face?

I pee is a cup and dip my OPK's in.

I also use the cheap OPK's to begin with and if I get a decent line I'll confirm with a digi OPK.

I only used 2 digi OPK's this cycle but loads of cheapies :)

xxxxxxxxx

no no its just the clear blue normal ones with the surge lines - I literally have nothing on the screen! I think I will do that next month buy in some cheepies and a couple of digis if it doesnt work out this month, quite annoyed actually as I was dead excited! I made sure I read the leaflet says to face it down and wee on it which is what I done but the dye hasnt even shifted so I will take that home and dip it in if not I will need to use another! so frustratinggggg!

Hon

I would start with the cheap OPK's from Amazon, they are about £6 for 30 odd. You can waste as many as you want then. Once you get to know your cycle and pin point the days ypu ovulate then you can use the expensive ones. Re the Digital ones you have to wait for the test sign to start flashing so you know it is working plus always do them in the late afternoon or evening, that is when the lurge is detected the most. Not the morning. Pee in a cup as well rather than on the stick.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Gizzy xxxx

Ps start them a few days before you think you will ovulate, so if your cycle is 26 days and it tells you to start on day 8 or 9 keep going with them until day 11/12 as sometimes it can take longer to get your surge. Mine is always late.

Gizzy x

Hon

I would start with the cheap OPK's from Amazon, they are about £6 for 30 odd. You can waste as many as you want then. Once you get to know your cycle and pin point the days ypu ovulate then you can use the expensive ones. Re the Digital ones you have to wait for the test sign to start flashing so you know it is working plus always do them in the late afternoon or evening, that is when the lurge is detected the most. Not the morning. Pee in a cup as well rather than on the stick.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Gizzy xxxx

Hiya Gizzy

Yeah I ordered all the cheapies and preseed ect and its taking a while - so I had to go out and purchase any ones and I could not be bothered hunting everywhere so I picked some up in waitrose it wasnt bad that you get a test with it I suppoes but dont worry I have ordered all the necessary stuff from ebay..

I will test at night from now on I think as its a bit awkward at work haha, plus then if I see a surge I can go from the bathroom to the bedroom haha :p

Thanks for the advice love :)

Last edited:
thanks Carnta!

I will be sure to have a wee looky look, I will prob be posting some of mine on tomorrow cause I wont have a clue how to read them properly. I am on CD9 just now anyway so I will be able to test tonight then tomorrow and onwards..

keep testing hun!! and i would recommend peeing in a cup and dipping the opk!

It worked eventually!

thank god! it has two lines about the same colour though hmmmm Ill upload a pic if I can ladies you can help me out!

there you go my ladies, hope its worked.

Attachments

• IMG-20120221-00484.jpg
    IMG-20120221-00484.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG-20120221-00485.jpg
    IMG-20120221-00485.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 2
I don't use these one's hun but I'd say they look quite good :)

That's why the digi's are so handy, a smiley face means no line spotting LOL

xxxxxx

yeah, they look roughly the same colour so its a definate BD tonight then :) the leaflet says as long as the line is as dark as the other line which it is - I had thought that I was missing my surge, just aswell I tested CD9 and not CD 10! I thought may aswell just incase cause AF is regular just bar a couple of days thats taken ages to work out though maybe I didnt wee enough! I will just need to make sure I dip from now on. Yeyyy all excited now thanks ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back