Should I buy the Clearblue Fertility Monitor?

Poppy1987

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying the Clearblue Fertility Monitor. I have used cheapie okps and most recently I have used the clear blue opk's with the :)

Has any one used the monitor and would you recommend it, is it easy to use? Thanks

Hi poppy it's my 1st month using the monitor. You set it to start on day 1 of you're cycle. Then you have a 6 hour window every day to turn the monitor on and it tells you if you need to test or not (sticks sold separately btw.) As its my first month it has asked me to test everyday since day 5 which means 20 sticks so far (you get 20 per box) and I got Low readings until day 15 followed by one high day, two peak days, one high day then back to low everyday. I was pleased to get two peak days showing the first month as the monitor is getting to know you're body the first cycle in particular.
I've been TCCing now for 16 months so getting this monitor has given me a new since of hope and I also feel like I've got some control back.
Good luck with whatever you decide hun.
I'm on day 25 now AF due day 29 so hopefully the BFP is what I get instead.
X j

Last edited:
Hi poppy, I'm just not sold on mine tbh, month 1 it gave me peak on cd9/10 the month two I got something like 15 days of high with no peak at all (cue worrying that I'm not ovulating!) then month 3 seemed to work perfect the month 4 (this month) no peaks but I got really drunk over Easter and slept in on the month I think I would have peaked if I had woken in time to test lol so I'm just not sure about it!

Also it claims 89% of users get pg in the first 3 months and as I haven't it makes me think there's something wrong with me. So I just don't know! I've thought I'd selling mine but am afraid ill want to give it another go and regret selling. I'm not using it next cycle tho, af due tomorrow :(

Thanks for your replies. Amazon have great reviews on it so I may see how i get on. I have been ttc for a year now so I feel I have nothing to loose. Dawn I thought I wasn't ov'ing as I didn't get positives on cheapies or the clear blue with the :) but last month I got my first ever :) at cd16 an usually I give up testing after cd14! Dont give up! Fingers crossed the witch doesn't arrive for you x

Hi Poppy - (great name by the way!!)

Hope you don't mind me hopping onto your thread.

I bought the CBFM and thought it was great. I liked it because it took all the guesswork out of when I was ovulating and meant I always knew for sure I had BD's at the right time to be in with a shot of getting pg!

I am a bit of a control freak though lol!!

Anyways, on month 3 of using it we got pregnant! The stats say that 89% of people who use it get pregnant within the first 2 or 3 months (can't remember which it is!!) but I think it's fantastic!!

I completely recommend it - its dead easy to use and well worth the money. My best mate is now TTC and I have lent her mine. You can always ebay it afterwards too and get some of your money back.

Good luck! x

Hi, I am in the 4the month of using my CBFM and still no BFP however I would 100% recommend using it. It take the guess work out of TTC and they are very easy to use.
Best of luck xx

Thanks for your replies I will be def buying it this weekend! I can't use it until next cycle but maybe I will get my bfp this cycle and sell it on! Thanks all xxx

My hubby bought one for me. I used it for the first time last cycle and found it really easy to use. As it was my first month I also backed it up with opk's as I had read that sometimes the monior doesn't pick up your peak the first time as it is 'getting to know you'!
However I got 2 high days, then two peak days and a high day afterwards and the opk's said the same thing.
You will use 20 sticks in the first month though, so I bought two boxes of 20 with it.
Good luck!xx

Hi poppy
I have used one and got pg in my first month, it's an amazing little device. I have one for sale if interested, only used for one month. Send me a message if interested x

Hi poppy
I have used one and got pg in my first month, it's an amazing little device. I have one for sale if interested, only used for one month. Send me a message if interested x

Ahhh no way I brought one this afternoon from boots as hubby said he would go halfs with me!! Advertise it on the classified section and someone from ttc might buy it.

I'm gutted because I can't use it until cd1 so I have one cycle to go! Thanks for all your reply and congrats to everyone expecting and good luck to my ttc buddy's x

Exciting times I love my little machine.
Fx you will catch on your first mth of using it xx

I'm like sleepy sue bought one and after 8 months of trying got pregnant on my first cycle of using the cbfm

Oh poppy fx you get your :bfp: this cycle. But if you don't we'll be using the clearblue monitor for the first tim at the same time, we could be monitor buddies! lol

I'd rather you got your bfp tho, baby :dust: too you. x x x

were currently in cycle 4 and if were not pregnant by christmas then were investing in one of thease in the new year the reviews I have herd from them are all good xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back