what should i do?

prettypenguin

Reaction score
I want to put charlie to bed a bit later as hes waking stupidly early and I just don't have the energy lately. So instead of bathing him at half 5 and in bed for 6 I've been trying to get him to nap and get him in bed for half 7 or 8 instead. However he is actually tired and has been from half 5, and hes still up. ive teied everything to get him to sleep and just want to burst into tears as he never just goes with the flow with anything. I dunno if i should just get him up, I can feel myself getting annoyed, should i just give up and bath him and straight back to bed? Clearly I was destined for 5am wake ups, not to mention every friggin hour during the night :mad:

oh hun !!! Rhea has started waking at 6 and talking to herself for an hr !! then will go back of. she goes down between 7.30 -8 . why not get him already and get him down yes he may b up early but u will have some peace now !! xxx

I have got him up, just got fed up of his whinging. Charlie wakes up and once he is everyone else has.to get up too. Just completely don't have any control of his day he just does what he wants x

What does he do when you try and re-settle him hun? Does he ever go back down? Angel started sleeping through from 7ish till about 6am and I just got her up at that time, but lately I started putting her back down after her bottle because she got tired and irritable. At first she fought it but for the last week of me doing this, she's had her bottle around 6am ish and gone back down till 8/8.30ish x

Oh I know the feeling, my LO does this. I never ever wanted him to go down as early as 6pm, I thought 7.30-8 was perfect, but my LO had other ideas, from about 5pm onwards its a massive whinge-fest. I've tried giving him a nap around 4.30 but he still winges. Oh and he still gets up same time in morning no matter how little sleep he gets, my eldest used to do this too.

xxxxxxxx

We have a similar problem and I intentionally do low energy activities for the last couple of hours of the day. We read or watch some kiddys programmes (gives you a rest then too) so he isnt so tired then we start our bath and bed routine at about 6.30pm so he is normally in bed at about 7 - 7.30. Either that or maybe cud he have a shorter nap at lunch (or whenever his last nap is) and then try putting him down for a afternoon nap??
xxx

They're not bad ideas ladies :) he wakes up in the morning, and the odd time he has gone back to sleeo after milk, most of the time he comes and sits in my bed until I can wake up properly. Although tonight I just kept him in the bath longer and let him play with his toothbrush for a few more mins, then put him in bed and I usually leave him tto try get him to settle and he would normally cry for about ten mins and roll around the bed, however I stayed with him and just hummed along with his music as my auntie said she did this earlier today with him. And Lo and behold he fell asleep within five mins no crying or anything. I know its not really ideal as I want him to settle himself but at least it was a peaceful way to go to sleep and he might get a better sleep for it. I hope lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back