dont know what to do....

prettypenguin

Reaction score
Charlie has pretty much been up for an hour sleeping for an hour, maybe a little more all day. I've given him cough medicene, calpol for teeth and gel, he's fussing with his food and now I put him back to bed and hes screaming... Is this a growth spurt or because he's not feeling too good hes wanting to sleep? He's taking aaaaaaages to sleep too, at 12 hr was crying for 45 mins so took him downstairs gave him his lunch which was due anyway...had a tiny bit, kept yawning so put him back to bed. Now he's screaming in bed but I cant give him any more meds, he doesn't want his food, milk or water despite coughing, is crying with his dummy in his mouth and keeps rolling over onto his front and then crying more I'm guessing cause he wants to sleep on his side or back...just getting on my nerves a little now my throats killing and my head and im starving cause been running round aftwr him. Don't wann pick him up too much either cause I want him to Learn to go to bed on his own. Any suggestions welcome :-l

Didn't want to read and run but I don't have any real suggestions. Could you get the bathroom steamy in a little while and give him a warm bath maybe and then wrap him up in a warm towel afterwards and the steam might make him feel a bit better and the bath might just knock him out a bit so he sleeps easier? I don't know if it will help or not though xxxx

Will try that tomorrow! He had a bath tonight and settled, but started off again half hr later :( thanks for replying though :) x

Sorry you're having a hard time today! Not sure what to say, just chin up, it'll pass :) :hugs:

Pick him up and cuddle him. He doesnt understand why he feels ill and wants his mummy. It wont mess mess his sleeping up when he is better

I did eventually and fed him, then he was grizzling about. This is gonna sound strange but he doesn't like being cuddled much he squirms about when I do. Apart from when hes tired. Just went in and checked on him, he seems warm, he's only got his one big blanket and the hetings been off for hours :( can't take the blanket away though cause he's snuggled into it bless him x

Aww poor thing I hope he's better soon. Does he have a temp at all? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back