What sheets/blankets to use in cot?

Jennster_FTM

Reaction score
Hi

I'm a FTM due Friday and have heard so many mixed reviews regarding what to use for covering baby in cot.

Initially I was told to use a fitted sheet over cot mattress and then to use a flat sheet along with cellular blankets over the baby (tucked either side of the mattress, so not loose) up to her shoulders.

However, I have recently spoken to new mums who have been advised by mw/hv not to use flat sheets only blankets over the baby.

Appreciate any advice you can offer..

I used fitted sheets for moses and cot mattress.

Celluar blankets for on top and when they are old enough i then use grobags (sleepingbags) and when winter approachs add celluar blankets ontop of sleeping bag if its really cold in the night.

Head over to May mummies in Tri 3 hun!! Loads of us popping babas out! Loads of FTMs aswell as ones already with babies so ifnu have any Qs we would be happy to give our lil inputs :) xx

Last edited:
Aww fab! Thank you will take a look..

Jeeze, a lot pages to read through LOL

Last edited:
Same as babyslog, I used fitted sheets over the Moses basket and crib mattresses and cellular blankets on top of baby. My lo was too small for gro bags for quite a while but when he was big enough I switched to them xx

I've got a moses basket, fitted sheets and cellular blankets all good to go.

Fitted sheets on crib and cellular blankets till she can use a sleeping bag. That's what il be using x

Hey and welcome! I also have a few of those cellular blankets to use... Fitted sheets on mattresses and some sleeping bags for when bsby is slightly bigger - 6 ish weeks old. I have also got 2 swaddle blankets to take to hospital as my daughter loved being swaddled so I plan on trying it again with this bsby xx

How many cellular blankets do you think a baby needs at this time of year or June time? Also what would you put them in to sleep in? Sorry ftm.x

How many cellular blankets do you think a baby needs at this time of year or June time? Also what would you put them in to sleep in? Sorry ftm.x

Personally I bought 2 cellular and I have a weird little new born suit sleep bag thing that is really thin ... I think a baby grow without a vest and a blanket or two in this kind of weather maybe? I can't remember there is a guideline of what to put them to sleep in in various temperatures somewhere - maybe Google might have it. But it's pretty warm at night now so I guess just don't layer them up too much x

Yeah I got two blankets so thought maybe a vest, sleep suit and one blanket might do. I will Google also I think the hospital will tell me as I'm likely to stay In for a night or two x

I have fitted sheet on the moses basket and use the sleeping bags to keep baby warm and the cover that comes with the moses basket if it's chilly then when they get older I use other blankets and a baby duvet at age 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back