What sex?

mummy2be

Reaction score
We had our anomoly scan last Thursday and we were both really excited about finding out the sex as we didn't with Lucy. After lots of deliberating, we decided we would find out but keep it our own secret and if anyone asked say we didn't know!
But they couldn't tell! The sonographer said she thought she had seen 'a bit of something extra' so thought it was a boy, but when she had a proper look couldn't see anything! She said she really couldn't tell either way! I'm so frustrated!
Now we are thinking of having either a sexing scan done now or waiting a little while and having one later - i just want to know now!

i would say go for it and have a private scan done, we had one done last week found out we having a boy was amazing however if you planning on having a 4d scan wont be long and you could do both at same time

good luck hope its what you want xx

we found out at our 21 week scan that we were having a boy but i still think i am going to have a private scan to double check lol :D

Oooh I'd love to find out the sex asap, but was told that I'd only be able to find out at my 20-week scan - I'm so impatient! :(
Does anyone know if there are ways of finding out sooner; I didn't ask at my last scan, I was a bit overwhelmed by everything and was completely struck dumb!!!
My ma said something about heartbeats, she was told by her midwife and each time it was correct about me and my siblings. Maybe that is a good indication??
Marley xxx

*MARLEY* said:
Oooh I'd love to find out the sex asap, but was told that I'd only be able to find out at my 20-week scan - I'm so impatient! :(
Does anyone know if there are ways of finding out sooner; I didn't ask at my last scan, I was a bit overwhelmed by everything and was completely struck dumb!!!
My ma said something about heartbeats, she was told by her midwife and each time it was correct about me and my siblings. Maybe that is a good indication??
Marley xxx
You could have a private sexing scan as mum2be did! I think you can have them from 16 weeks!

I'd love that, but I don't think I'd have the money for it :( unless I ask for it for my birthday - not a typical 21st, but there you go!!!!

Happy now :D

*MARLEY* said:
Marley xxx
Going by my kids heartbeats, they should have all been boys. I have 3 girls. :? No good, sorry!
:wink: I also 'carried out front' with all of them - apparently another boy trait. Don't think there's a foolproof way of knowing unless you actually see the dangly bits! :lol: Or not!

Hmm I guess I'll wait for certain then, rather than go on heartbeats. Although I have a really strong feeling that I'm having a girl. Although obviously a boy would be just as nice! But I don't know, it just feels almost certain!
Has anyone ever had intuitions that have been right? Or haven't been right???

Marley

4d scans are amazing!!!

i've had four 'sexing scans' lol

the first at 13+2 and there were no visable boy bits.

the 2nd at 17 weeks (private scan) and still no boy bits!

the 3rd at 20 weeks (nhs) and baby had legs crossed!

the 4th at 28 weeks (4d) and baby was definitly a girl!!!!!!!

i would def pay for a private scan to find out, but i would also wait till about 28 weeks and get the 4d scan at the same time!

they couldnt tell us the sex at our 20wk scan either so we paid for a private 4D scan at 20 weeks and found out the sex :D

I'd love that, but I don't think I'd have the money for it :( unless I ask for it for my birthday - not a typical 21st, but there you go!!!!

Happy now :D

*MARLEY* said:
Marley xxx
Going by my kids heartbeats, they should have all been boys. I have 3 girls. :? No good, sorry!
:wink: I also 'carried out front' with all of them - apparently another boy trait. Don't think there's a foolproof way of knowing unless you actually see the dangly bits! :lol: Or not!

Hmm I guess I'll wait for certain then, rather than go on heartbeats. Although I have a really strong feeling that I'm having a girl. Although obviously a boy would be just as nice! But I don't know, it just feels almost certain!
Has anyone ever had intuitions that have been right? Or haven't been right???

Marley

4d scans are amazing!!!

i've had four 'sexing scans' lol

the first at 13+2 and there were no visable boy bits.

the 2nd at 17 weeks (private scan) and still no boy bits!

the 3rd at 20 weeks (nhs) and baby had legs crossed!

the 4th at 28 weeks (4d) and baby was definitly a girl!!!!!!!

i would def pay for a private scan to find out, but i would also wait till about 28 weeks and get the 4d scan at the same time!

they couldnt tell us the sex at our 20wk scan either so we paid for a private 4D scan at 20 weeks and found out the sex :D

I might splurge on a 4D scan then, if can't find out the sex at 20 weeks (knowing my luck, the baby will be stubbornly crossing it's legs lol!)
From the pictures I've seen, it looks like such an amazing experience. And I think my ma is looking forwards to seeing him / her as much as me!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back