Has anyone been predicted the wrong sex?

xxsammyxx

Reaction score
Hi,

We had a private gender scan yesterday and we quite clearly saw 3 lines and the sonographer said that she was 90% sure we were having a girl (obviously they will never say 100%)

She did however say that since we were 15+6 weeks that it was possible for "boy bits" to form after this time as we all start off as girls and then either boy bits form or they dont.

I just wondered if anyone has been or knows of anyone who has been told the sex of the baby and then it has not been correct and what is the story behind it?

I dont know anyone personally but a work colleague does. They were told one and got the other. I must admit when I got told friday I expected the sonographer to say 'I'm X% sure' so when she didnt I asked her to check again (mainly because I was so shocked!) and she just repeated 'It's definitely a boy'.

With my private one at 16 weeks (last time) she said 95% sure but we'd already been told at the 13 week NT scan that they were 60% sure it was a girl.

When we then had our 20 wk NHS scan they asked if we wanted to know and we said we already do but can you re confirm and they again said girl.

I cant remember which way around it is that it's more common for them to make mistakes.....

I was told 120% girl but that was a private scan. My hospital don't tell you the sex :(

90% is very high! They have to cover themselves though just incase x

My friend was told girl and she had a boy! She had paid £90 for a private scan so she wasn't impressed! I was told that if they say girl it could well be a boy but when they say boy it usually is. I don't think they must be wrong too often or they wouldn't tell us at all xx

Thanks for all the replies so far... its very interesting reading your comments... to be honest I would have liked a boy and OH as well, I know you cannot choose and its 50-50 though.

Thing is I know it sounds weird but I went to see a clairvoyant (who i now regularly use) and he said he saw a boy and described him to a "T" of OH... he even went on to say that OH was not English (hes Dutch) and he has chiselled features and olive skin (just like OH!) He was so adament. He has told me things he could have never never known and been so utterly correct it was scarely. No questions, no guesses.

I wonder sometimes if he is referring to maybe another child after this... he said we have to get rid of the fertility clinic and we will conceive alone which is weird because just as we got to the end of the ivf, OH's sperm count was near to 40 million (from 1 million!) We proceded with the IVF but we have spoken recently about how after our little girl is born we might try for another baby and "hopefully" we might be blessed with a boy.

I know it all sounds superficial but I do believe in this type of thing and so thats why I asked :)

I had an nhs scan at just over 15 weeks with Sam and was told it was too early to tell for sure then and wouldn't say anything, so I guess it could possibly be wrong at 15+6 weeks. If they said they were 90% sure I'd say it's likely you are having a girl though

I would not build your hopes up about the clairvoyant

They can be wrong, but the majority of the time they aren't xx

i agree with katy, i'm sure they can be wrong, and i have heard the odd cases of it, but i would say she sounded sure :) as your only 16weeks, perhaps your 20week scan will check for you to be sure. i no with us we had a gender scan later (28weeks, private 4d scan) but she was very sure that baby was a girl and she was right of course :)

Thanks for all the replies so far... its very interesting reading your comments... to be honest I would have liked a boy and OH as well, I know you cannot choose and its 50-50 though.

Thing is I know it sounds weird but I went to see a clairvoyant (who i now regularly use) and he said he saw a boy and described him to a "T" of OH... he even went on to say that OH was not English (hes Dutch) and he has chiselled features and olive skin (just like OH!) He was so adament. He has told me things he could have never never known and been so utterly correct it was scarely. No questions, no guesses.

I wonder sometimes if he is referring to maybe another child after this... he said we have to get rid of the fertility clinic and we will conceive alone which is weird because just as we got to the end of the ivf, OH's sperm count was near to 40 million (from 1 million!) We proceded with the IVF but we have spoken recently about how after our little girl is born we might try for another baby and "hopefully" we might be blessed with a boy.

I know it all sounds superficial but I do believe in this type of thing and so thats why I asked :)

I went to a clairvoyant who got lots of things right, except the fact we'd have a baby in September and it would be a boy. We had a girl in December. I would rely on this tbh.

I went to a clairvoyant who got lots of things right, except the fact we'd have a baby in September and it would be a boy. We had a girl in December. I would rely on this tbh.

Maybe you will be TTC soon after all.......September 2010 perhaps...... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back