17weeks 3days can they sex at this stage?

lrb

Reaction score
After having pains nd nhs being no help I'm going for a private scan. A normal 2d scan to see for myself babies ok but asked if they would sex it. She said they would but doesn't think they can tell yet. I always thought it was visible now.. Anyone had any sexing scans at this time or know of anyone?? X

I think they can at 16 weeks but maybe she didn't want to make any promises over the phone? It depends on how baby sits as to whether they can see anything I suppose. Whatever happens with the sex it will be good to put your mind at rest hun good luck xxxxxxx

I had one done and I'm 16 +1 and they said they's almost certain but I'm going to double check at my 20 week scan

She said if they can see they will say but woman on phone recons it's 18 weeks+. Just want to see for myself babies all okay! Like I keep saying to people im sure all is fine, which more than likely it is but I can't seem to just let it rest! Hopefully see baby all nice n snug nd maybe even sex. It's costing us £50, is this about adverage??

when i paid for a private scan at 12 weeks the sonographer said bubba looked like a boy but they can tell for definate anytime after 17 weeks, different companies may have different rules maybe incase they are wrong, i think 50 is about average mine was 60 when i was 12 weeks xxxxx

Crikey mine was £90....what company are you using? xxxxxxxx

I had a gender scan at 16 weeks and was told boy you could see the bits lol but I have my 20 week one tomorrow so will double check then and mine cost £79 x

Ive got a 2D scan booked for 27th Oct when il be just past 16 weeks, it has cost £40 and I get 10 minute bonding scan and 4 pics. Then I am with hosp on 15th Nov when im about 19 weeks and they will also tell me the sex, and fingers crossed they say the same! ha

xxxxx

I found out at 16 weeks during a private scan that I was having a boy. It took a while to get baby into the right position to see but once they did they said 100% it was a boy so yes they can tell at 16 weeks as long as baby co-operates and moves into the right position x

I got told at 12+3 and 13+3 we are having a boy. They said it was 70% certain. I think they can tell 99% from 16 weeks so you should be fine (unless baby is being shy!!!)
Good luck xxxxx

All places around here (Kent) offer 'Gender Scans' from 16 weeks, so I guess they can tell from then onwards.

We had ours at 16w5d and it was very clear indeed he was a boy!! It was £65 - just for reference lol.

I had a private scan for the same reasons as you at 16weeks exactly and bear cub had his bum in the air and they could say for certain it was a boy (in fact it was so obvious, I could say for certain it was a boy). They said before the scan the only reason they might not be able to tell me this early would be positioning and they are also more cautious if they think it's a girl.

Having a girl :)
Was in there for a while & got 9 pix, all emailed to me so I think that way you get more! But will print them out on photo paper! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back